aberdeen-music

Meat. The choice of the professional.

Stichman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liver....yum! Like Mum used to make.

Huzzah! Another offal eater! Liver and bacon casserole when I visit my folks this weekend. I'm salivating already.

Steaks for me have to be medium well.

Venison is beautiful, especially with a red wine and shallot sauce.

I'm probably going to rock the boat here but I'm partial to a nice bit of veal too.

That reminds me: I'm not a big fan of seafood but I tried Squid when in Lanzarote and it was fucking ace too!

funnily enough i too am not a massive fan of seafood but there's the odd thing from the water i'm quite partial to...

I like my steaks somewhere between blue and rare, depending on my mood. I fucking love seafood, have tried most things including shark steaks which were pretty tasty. I've had a kangaroo burger which was nice, surprisingly tangy! But I'll pretty much eat most meat, although i was put off lamb recently after my mum cooked it a little rare...i like my lamb well done.

Veal is top, followed by venison, fillet steak, pork fillet, bacon, glazed ham, fresh rare tuna. I've also eaten horse and alligator. I'd eat horse again.

I like my steak bloody as hell.

Legend. Horse is amazing. I last had it lightly grilled on a barpeque, it was amazing.

I love Black Pudding :)

There's double-entendre in there, but I'd have the PC Liberals and the Veggies on my case.

Both are easy as fuck on their own, but together, they're a force to be reckoned with!

You could drown in the claret from the Bleeding Hearts or be bludgeoned to death with an unripe Butternut Squash!

It's a fuckin' jungle out there I tells ya!

Ps - the poster who said White Pudding (or "Fite Puddin'") in mingin' is absolutely right. Definitely the choice of the minkit, clogged artery, schemie cunt.

Guest DustyDeviada
I like eating vegetarians.

I'm a vagitarian. ;)

Forgot about liver, and I had liver and bacon for tea last night as well, do'h.

Here's a tip I also learned while working in a restaurant, get your liver, coat it in oatmeal, then pan fry, mmm, crispy and delicious.

On the whole fillet vs. the rest debate, Gordon Ramsay was on the telly the other week saying that he reckons rib eye is the new fillet, and I have to be honest and say that I reckon rib eye offers the best bang for your buck. Especially if you're going to chuck a peppercorn sauce on it anyway.

my local butcher in oldmeldrum is superb aswel. i just cant imagine not eating meat. meat is so good that even vegetarians spend millions on trying to make vegetarian meals taste as close to meat as possible. i love when the market comes to union street and you get to eat kangaroo burgers and such like. strangely though i cannot stand lamb and its supposed to be the creme de la creme of the meat world.....according to gordon ramsay anyway

Guest Jake Wifebeater
meat is so good that even vegetarians spend millions on trying to make vegetarian meals taste as close to meat as possible.

Excellent point! Do they still do that "Not chicken", "Not bacon" stuff? If meat is so bad why do they feel the need to imitate it?