aberdeen-music

Stolen/Missing snare drum

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

On the last Spitfires gig at Drummonds, I left my snare/cymbals/kick pedal. When JJ went to pick up my stuff the next day, he could only find the pedal. I thought nothing of this as stuff normally gets moved around there, but I was out of town for 6 days and didn't have time to stop by in between. So, last night I went to pick up the stuff before our gig at Snafu, and my snare drum was missing completely and the cymbals were half hanging out of my bag, shoved in the wrong way etc.

If anybody has seen this snare or knows who might have taken it by mistake, or indeed thieved it, please PM me or let me know through some other channel. The snare drum was not valuable, but it was 40+ years old and I restored it myself from a piece of shit into quite a nice bit of gear. It is a Beverly snare drum, with a sort of peach/beige pearlescent acrylic wrap. It is a standard 14" x 5" size.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I'll keep a look out for anyone coming into the shop with it dude. I take it you've been in past and left a contact number already yeah?

If you work at R&B then I yes have phoned up to pass on the info! Cheers :up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Flecks of dried blood? I'm intrigued.

my hands get slack if i drink before a gig and my aim gets off and then sometimes i whack my knuckles on the lugs or whatever and once they're open every hit makes the skin worse cos the vibrations go through your hand and knock little bits of blood out