aberdeen-music

Lechuza.

Paulscoconutass

Man, I've had this album since it came out, and listened to it more than any other CD i own(other than Enama) and i still can't believe how much i still like it, and when i start listening to it again it's in my CD player for months.

The album goes from full on pop/punk and begins to enter the a bit of metal towards the second half. The sound and dynamics in songs like 'A song for everyone' and 'Katie W' are so damn good, the vocal harmonies are more than nifty and the songs in general could be appreciated by almost everyone.

Anyone else feel that this is one of the best alt./rock/whatever albums in recent times???

Guest highroller

man its one of my fave albums ever...how they went from the first record to the absolute balls out hard rock record that is lechuza ill never know....

Its awesome...i really miss fenix tx....alot....i got into them years ago with the first record...

anyone remeber when quik ALWAYS used to play the best track off the first album "ben"??

Guest highroller

ok a few things...

snowwhite..i mean alex...they have one recorded but its just been left...god id love to hear it....oh and er i saw them live in march 2000...before they had lechuza out...they had just changed their name from river fenix....they were supporting blink at barrowlands in glasgow...blink had just started to blow up as small things was released a little before that gig...awesome show..played "ben"...gives me shivers everytime.

johnny mac....will..the singer/guitarist has a new band called denver harbour who will be releasing stuff on drive thru soon...awesome...i think jamesy has heard them so he will post and say if he has......

the remaining three have a new band (i think) called big black boat) i havent heard anything about them....what i really wanna know is....what the fuck happened...they seemed tight as a band and people.....

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

yeah find out that would be awesome...

http://www.rancid-news.co.uk/rumour/fenixtx-split.htm

a bit about it on that site.... the usual 'creative differences' crap.

Also got this off another site:

'anyway... Donnie disappeared because of certain incidents that made the group in an unhealthy situation... But he's in another band.. i can't recall the name though'

Yeah, Fenix TX were ace. Nikki-G had the old version of their first CD, back when they were River Fenix. The tracks on it are different from those on the re-issued version of the album. 'Ben' for instance, was re-recorded when they became Fenix TX. Both albums are ace.

Didn't they split up over a difference in musical oppinions, it's pretty obvious from lechuza that ther's some heavy metal influences, and sure flat out punk rock - and the bonus instrumental on the europen lechuza (after all my fault) sounds like a metallica song...... i also think that had they stayed together they would have probably been bigger than blink 182 at the moment. Threesome was a shock hit and mr. hoppus even appeard in the all my fault video.

But yea - life-changing album!!!

I also need to scab a shot of Nikki G's 'River Fenix' disc.....