aberdeen-music

GODS OF BLITZ promotion on friday night (25 may)

The Ghost Of Fudge

yeah, so, i just took delivery of a big parcel of GODS OF BLITZ promo stuff from XTASTER.

mister jonny lucifer will be handing the stuff out during his DJ stint tomorrow night in the Moorings Bar.

there's a nice red t-shirt, an album (i'm listening to it just now, it's more poppy than you might think with a name like that), a DVD, a vinyl single, and loads of posters, badges and those neck-tie-clip-thingys that you see tour managers wearing round their necks.

all this stuff will be handed out tomorrow night... just head along about 9 (free entry)

godsofblitz

mister jonny lucifer will be handing the stuff out during his DJ stint tomorrow night in the Moorings Bar.

During the last ever Sonic Shake, after which a pumpkin is going to kidnap Jonny Lucifer, remake him as Jonny Ripper, then smuggle him aboard a plane to Toronto. Without food, water, or a parachute.

In it's place shall materialise a new and as yet unnamed (suggestions in this thread, best one wins some unspecified alcohol) 4th Friday of the month. One leaning gently towards funk, soul, and *GASP* disco. The DJ is already selected but she (yes "SHE") is currently lacking a stage name. Watch this space... you honky jive ass muthafuckas.

[GODS OF BLITZ are] more poppy than you might think with a name like that)

That must be pretty fuckin poppy then. I'm imagining Sweet fuzed (sic) with Bucks Fizz. Is this a good thing? Was that a rhetorical question?

i can't actually think of anything to do with the necktie/laminate holders. they looked so useful at first. if you were trapped on a mountainside, you could probably construct a waterproof shelter with them and some quite large leaves.

You're on the wrong thread aren't you?

EDIT: ...aaaah wait.... I geddit. DOH!

I attached my keys to mine. Very handy. Two men came in distributed the Gods of Blitz booty to the punters, was his meant to happen? One of them was a sound engineering student I knew, the other claimed to be from Rock Sound magazine...

Last night was very enjoyable, as have all my nights DJing The Moorings, I'll miss it.

yeah, sounds about right. rock sound dude always phones me up to see what time he should head along. "tenish" i say in a non-commital manner...

when do you actually fuck off again? coz craig's away on fri 8 june and i need a DJ partner for Release Your Kraken...

So...someone to cover your million fag breaks and play songs twice in the same night basically? :D

postscript:

i wasn't at the promo, i was at work elsewhere. but i've been sent some questions for 'feedback'

if anyone could enlighten me, i'd be eternally greatful....

PROMOTION: GODS OF BLITZ

2) At what point in the night did you use the various Gods Of Blitz promo materials?

3) What did you do with the various materials to help promote Gods Of Blitz?

4) Did you / your DJ play tracks from the album throughout the clubnight?

5) What kind of reaction did the tracks receive?

7) Approximately how many punters attended your clubnight/s on the night of the promotion?

8) Do you feel the promotion was effective?

9) Are there any ways in which you feel the promotion could have been improved?

postscript:

i wasn't at the promo, i was at work elsewhere. but i've been sent some questions for 'feedback'

if anyone could enlighten me, i'd be eternally greatful....

PROMOTION: GODS OF BLITZ

What happened to Q1???

2) At what point in the night did you use the various Gods Of Blitz promo materials?

All night long but especially between 10pm and 1am.

3) What did you do with the various materials to help promote Gods Of Blitz?

We handed them out. Then 2 dudes showed up and took photos of people wearing them.

4) Did you / your DJ play tracks from the album throughout the clubnight?

Yes he did.

5) What kind of reaction did the tracks receive?

Well I though one of the tracks was too slow, so I cranked up the pitch bender to +10 an this made it flow a lot better. People though this sounded a bit like the Ramones only slower.

7) Approximately how many punters attended your clubnight/s on the night of the promotion?

About 200 came through the door in total.

8) Do you feel the promotion was effective?

Hell yeah!

9) Are there any ways in which you feel the promotion could have been improved?

Free booze? More nudity.