aberdeen-music

New Rilo Kiley Album In August

Swingin' Ryan

For all interested, the new Rilo Kiley album 'Under the Blacklight' is out on August 20th.

Apparently it's a kind of concept album in a fashion, with each of the songs dealing with a different character, and Mike Bloom is now an official 5th member on guitar, which would indicate there's going to be a lot more of Jenny doing keyboards with him doign second guitar, as is the case for the keyboard based stuff live.

I for one am ridiculously excited, they've got better with each album and the Jenny Lewis solo/Elected stuff has been amazing, I'd probably bet a kidney it's going to be in my top 3 albums of the year.

That is really really good. Thanks for sharing!

I'm looking forward to the new Rilo Kiley stuff... and maaaybe an extensive UK tour with any luck.

No problem!

I think the word on the street is there's a UK tour later in the year, possibly September or something, I certainly hope so. They're still one of the best bands I've seen live, Jenny's voice is flawless, not a note out of place.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, that song is a cockload better than MoneyMaker, which despite giving it a few more listens in the hope that it was a "grower" was absolute shite.

I really hope this other song is more indicative of the overall album because on the strength of MoneyMaker i wouldn't even have bothered downloading it let alone buying it.

Ahh, I haven't been here in a while, but I seem to find some level of magnetism in your posts, so I'll have to write something. I didn't like the Moneymaker for a while then I realised just last week how completely different and entirely colourful and new everything is. As for the rest of what I've heard it's not so different from before but still has this refined quality which always gives a new dimension to Rilo Kiley's new releases. So I'm happy to be quite fond of this new Rilo Kiley, though their new sound might be a little more lustful and dark than before. And any word of a tour would be music to my ears.