aberdeen-music

Earthlings

Teabags

Earthlings

(1 hr 35 min 28 sec )

EARTHLINGS is a feature length documentary about humanity's absolute dependence on animals (for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and scientific research) but also illustrates our complete disrespect for these so-called "non-human providers." The film is narrated by Academy Award nominee Joaquin Phoenix (GLADIATOR) and features music by the critically acclaimed platinum artist Moby.

With an in-depth study into pet stores, puppy mills and animals shelters, as well as factory farms, the leather and fur trades, sports and entertainment industries, and finally the medical and scientific profession, EARTHLINGS uses hidden cameras and never before seen footage to chronicle the day-to-day practices of some of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit. Powerful, informative and thought-provoking,

EARTHLINGS is by far the most comprehensive documentary ever produced on the correlation between nature, animals, and human economic interests. There are many worthy animal rights films available, but this one transcends the setting.

Not for the squeamish.

Think this is where the dolphin came from also.

I reckon its enough to make anyone hang their head in shame.

I can't watch it at work, but I can read the script - How many 'guilt by association' montages can you squeeze in involving the Nazis, though?:

STILLS OF SLAVES; ADOLF HITLER; STOCK FOOTAGE OF THE KKK

AND SUFFREGETTES; AND FINALLY ANIMAL ABUSE.

PHOTOGRAPH OF RAPE VICTIMS, ABUSED CHILDREN, NAZIS
IMAGERY AND STOCK FOOTAGE FROM THE HOLOCAUST, (AN AERIAL

VIEW OF THE AUSCHWITZ CONCENTRATION CAMP) FOLLOWED BY

ANOTHER AERIAL VIEW OF A FACTORY FARM, WITH COWS HUDDLED

TOGETHER IN MASSES FOR AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE.

Thats just the beginning. They get off the nazi theme very quickly and simply show what happens, and its pretty fucking sickening.

I'll have a watch of it either tonight or this weekend, but I tend to dislike sensationalist journalism even if I agree with most of the message.

So, question...

Is it possible for animal rights lunatics to actually put across a message that doesn't involve the words "nazi" or "rape"?

Of course, I find it funny that people use the animal = human argument, then go ahead and be utter bastards to their fellow humans. Surely that means that they verbally rape their fellow humans and are therefore Hitler lovers?

Oh wait, I forgot, too much logic for them.