aberdeen-music

Zodiac

Paulscoconutass

Saw it in the Belmont yesterday, and it's a pretty decent film. Good story, especially if you're in to your crime/thriller films. The one thing that stood out for me is the acting, all the main characters are absolutely superb; Gyllenghall and Rufallo especially proving that they're good enough to be proper leading men & Downy Jr playing his typecast 'crazy guy'.

The only problem for me was that it war far too long, at just under 3 hours, it seems pretty dragged out. Despite this it remains interesting and looks really retro.

8/10

Guest DustyDeviada

As a big fan of Dirty Harry, I'm looking forward to this. The arrival of Dusty Jr means it will be a while till I can get to the cinema though, so I guess I'll have to wait for DVD.

saw it at the belmont a few hours ago and agree it is a very well made film with very good acting. i also agree that it was too long. its also strange watching a film when you know before you go that there is no real ending. the bit in that guys (vaughn i think?) basement? what was going on!

• 4 weeks later...

The basement was well scary! I loved all the music at the beginning, Hurdy Gurdy Man creeps me out a bit now though. The actor they had for Allen was really much scarier looking than the real one. And it was too long but I didn't really mind because it just made it all the more realistic and obsessive. I can imagine getting bored watching a second time though.

Guest DustyDeviada
I have two things to say to that. Tor. Rent. :laughing:

Ps the original DH movie was just brilliant and set the standard for cop movies.

Yeah, no sign of it yet though, well, only crappy "video camera in a cinema" jobs, which I think I'll skip.

And yes, Dirty Harry is one of the best.

I only got round to watching Bullit a couple of years ago after years of hearing it spoken of in the same breath as Dirty Harry. Big disappointment. The car chase was good, but the rest of it was really boring.

• 4 weeks later...