aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Labour MP compares Alex Salmond to Hitler

She was criticising the poll system, not Salmond, but she could've done it without referring to Hitler.

Would just love to see the awkward silence that followed.

She was criticising the poll system, not Salmond

Yes, that's what she says now in a pathetic attempt to backpedal out of danger.

But it seems fairly obvious that if you say one system got you person A and the same system got us person B, then you're drawing a comparison between the two people.

She used Hitler and Alex Salmond in her example in an attempt to link the two in voters minds. It's a truly disgraceful bit of politics.

I saw this on Reporting Scotland yesterday evening. Moffat saying it was taken out of context.

Sorry, love. But when you call a spade a spade you can't take the easy way out.

And from the Scotsman:

However, last night Ms Moffat said:

"I have no intention of apologising. What I didn't do was compare Alex Salmond to Hitler. What I was talking about was that PR was used in Scotland, where we got Alex Salmond, and it was used in Germany, where they got Adolf Hitler."

Now. Am I reading between the lines too much or is she still comparing Alex to Adolf but with out the necessary spin?

"I have no intention of apologising. What I didn't do was compare Alex Salmond to Hitler. What I was talking about was that PR was used in Scotland, where we got Alex Salmond, and it was used in Germany, where they got Adolf Hitler."

It's still the same 'guilt by association' argument - The implication is clear that PR will lead to mass-murder and genocide in Scotland. Not exactly digging herself out of any hole, is she?

That is down right appalling.

Hitler should be rolling in his grave after being compared to such a downright filthy retard such as alex salmond.

It's still the same 'guilt by association' argument - The implication is clear that PR will lead to mass-murder and genocide in Scotland. Not exactly digging herself out of any hole, is she?

Well, in the same vein, wasn't the flawed FPTP system responsible for the effective discrimination of Catholics in Northern Ireland? That means that as they led to the Troubles, FPTP is flawed and should be scrapped immediately.

On a related note, I hope the SNP can manage to move to STV for all elections in Scotland..