aberdeen-music

Kartta + Countervela + Triggerman + Kashmir Red

Guest idol_wild

The Moorings is great actually. It's a pub that is friendly to everyone. I used to think otherwise for years until I actually went there...

...and discovered ADDLESTONES! :up:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there are at least 10 or so of me and my mates going....we were under the impression that Moorings is a student friendly sort of place with up to date chart music. Is this correct?:woohoo:

Im sure there was a hint or sarcasm there "loon", huh!

Ok Bri, so what time does the cost price booze start for us then!? lol. can i come with my sticks at noon and start claiming!? haha! (dont worry, i wont be. there is a Scotland Euro qualifiying match that day).

Guest idol_wild

Anyway what are ADDLESTONES? Some sort of drug....ive never tried them before. I'll take three please :love:

A very, very nice cloudy cider. Also described by many as "nutter juice".

Apparently five pints is the limit. After that, you and anyone within a 50 yard radius, are in trouble.

Im sure there was a hint or sarcasm there "loon", huh!

Ok Bri, so what time does the cost price booze start for us then!? lol. can i come with my sticks at noon and start claiming!? haha! (dont worry, i wont be. there is a Scotland Euro qualifiying match that day).

as far as i'm concerned, booze discount applies as soon as you arrive at the venue for the gig. i recall manchester's Obsessive/Compulsive turning up the day BEFORE a gig, and getting utterly trashed in the bar... :)

SAT 9 JUNE - FUDGE PRESENT: KARTTA + COUNTERVELA + TRIGGERMAN + KASHMIR RED - 3 - 8pm

Kartta - www.myspace.com/karttamusic - Influences: Broken Social Scene, Explosions In The Sky, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Husker Du, The Chameleons, The Cure, Mono, Pelican, Noxagt, Radiohead, Talking Heads, Godspeed! YBE, Mogwai, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Joy Division...

Countervela - www.myspace.com/countervela - Four men with an unhealthy love for all things music got together to create some, including a member of the fabulous Stand-Up Guy. "Crunchy, dome-crushing, chugga-chugg riffs forge a destructive path into your psyche before swirling, slinky guitar motifs work their hypnotic magic" - Alternative Ulster Magazine. "By merging dark vocals with rich, soaring instrumentals that segue through heavy guitars and gently contained picking, Countervela manage to keep it engaging and tight" - Rock Sound Magazine.

Triggerman - www.myspace.com/triggermanrocks - “The soundtrack to beer,” they claim - and not without substance. Deep-fried southern boogie-metal,travelling to us with Countervela all the way from Derry in Ireland. I swear, you're going to love them.

Kashmir Red - www.myspace.com/kashmirred - “We took the limitations off of ourselves,” says frontman/bass guitarist Steve Winton. “We went into the studio with an open mind, thinking 'let’s do whatever it takes'... because we really have a lot of music inside of us and a lot of different places we can go.”

I first encountered Addlestones back in 1993 in The Tilted Wig. The only places that stocked it were The Wig, The Bobbin, Number 10, and The Marine in Stonehaven. It had a big following at all those places. Then in 1997 the Wig swtiched brewers and stopped getting it in, much to the relief of the barstaff, as it meant they got rid of us. We ended up booking taxis to take us to Stonehaven, until ultimately we'd puked in all of them and nobody would agree to take us home.

One of the first things we did after taking on the Moorings in 2002 was to place an order for Addlestones in order to obtain a long overdue fix.

Addlestones big appeal was that it was the closest thing to real scrumpy that had national distibution in casks.

A couple of years ago I started searching for a way to get a genuine Somerset scrumpy shipped up to Aberdeen in casks... and that's how, after a lengthy search we finally sourced Thatchers Heritage. Heritage IS the REAL DEAL. Is only contains 1 ingredient:

Cider Apples

The yeast that naturally occurs on the apple skin ferment the apples into scrumpy. It's made entirely out of fresh whole apples. There's no added concentrate, or water, or preservative, or flavouring, or enhancers, or anything else.

You get exactly the same effects as Addlestones, only much more pronounced but minus the unpleasant and unwanted side effects.

Drink a couple of pints of Heritage, then switch to Addlestones and you'll see what I mean. Its just not the same.

I'm sold, Flash. I'll be trying the good stuff.

I don't like the cider poops in the morning though.

They hurt.

These'll be fine, they just slide out on their own lubricating agent. Wait till you've been up and about 20 minutes and a strong urge will come over you. The process is so quick, clean, and painless that it's usually not necessary to wipe afterwards.

Kashmir Red - www.myspace.com/kashmirred - We took the limitations off of ourselves, says frontman/bass guitarist Steve Winton. We went into the studio with an open mind, thinking 'lets do whatever it takes'... because we really have a lot of music inside of us and a lot of different places we can go.

Sounds like a right pap......

Cracking tan though......;)