aberdeen-music

champions league final?

Guest Bob Double Jack

Guest Bob Double Jack

whats everyones opinion? I think far closer than the previous tie, but difficult to split the teams.

it wont be a 6 goal thriller though! or will it !

I've given up trying to predict.

whats everyones opinion? I think far closer than the previous tie, but difficult to split the teams.

it wont be a 6 goal thriller though! or will it !

I've given up trying to predict.

Yep,

It's a toughie!

I thnk Liverpool have the Indian Sign over everyone in this competition, but then again AC Milan rode Man U like bitches!

Impossible to call - I just hope it's better that than so-called "showpiece" pile of shite at New Wembley on Saturday.

Guest DustyDeviada

Yup, think Liverpool might come a cropper. They've been written off before this season though and proved people wrong, so who knows?

I guess it will depend on their tactics and whether they are able to stifle Milan. Celtic did pretty well against them.

I reckon Milan'll do it.

Be interesting to see just how negative Liverpool go, whether they completely pack out the midfield to deal with Kaka. Would like to see Milan start with Inzaghi rather than Gilardino, can't see Gilardino winning anything against Carragher and Agger, Pippo's sharper and cleverer so looks a better bet to me.

Forza Rossoneri! :)

Inzaghi is shite, always has been.

I think if Liverpool put the squeeze on Kaka using either Mascherano or Alonso to bully him around the pitch he'll be marked completely out of the game. Given that he is pretty much the driving force in AC Milan's side that leaves Gattuso and Gerrard battling head to head in Midfield and we all know Gerrard has a lot more to his game than Gattuso.

Liverpool's best weapon is Crouch. The AC Milan defence won't have a clue what to do with him as they don't come up against strikers in his mold that often. If they concentrate on taking him out of the game Liverpool have several quick strikers that could prove very tricky to AC Milan's ageing/slow defence.

The only goal scoring threats in the AC Milan side are Pirlo (from set pieces), Kaka (from open play) and Ronaldo (ineligible). I can't remember the last time Inzaghi was considered a given for a goal in a game, he's like the Emile Heskey of Italian football. Liverpool have potential (and proven) game turners/goal scorers in every position on the pitch.

Anyway, Liverpool to win if they can keep a handle on Kaka but it'll be a tight game either way.

I think if Liverpool put the squeeze on Kaka using either Mascherano or Alonso to bully him around the pitch he'll be marked completely out of the game. Given that he is pretty much the driving force in AC Milan's side that leaves Gattuso and Gerrard battling head to head in Midfield and we all know Gerrard has a lot more to his game than Gattuso.

Gerrard does undoubtedly have more technical ability about him, but Gattuso's got the pace, strength and everything else he needs to just go out to stop Gerrard and leave it to Pirlo to play football. Problem is, I can't see Ancelotti shifting Gattuso over to the left so it's more likely Ambrosini who'll play against Gerrard, which could be a bit of a problem.

Liverpool's best weapon is Crouch. The AC Milan defence won't have a clue what to do with him as they don't come up against strikers in his mold that often. If they concentrate on taking him out of the game Liverpool have several quick strikers that could prove very tricky to AC Milan's ageing/slow defence.

They come up against guys like Toni and Iacquinta every other week (admittedly not as freakishly tall, but stronger and tougher to mark) and since, as you say, they're aging, they may just have come across tall players before. As for pace, Nesta's not slow, Oddo and Jankulovski are both very quick and all four defenders are intelligent enough to cope with pace. For one thing, they're unlikely to hold a high line and allow Bellamy etc to get in behind too often. Although I suppose that leaves the problem of them dropping too deep and making it easier for Liverpool to play high balls into Crouch.

Basically, I have no idea what's gonna happen and I'm pissing myself with excitement.

Classic Pippo goal! :D

Goal or no goal Milan need to get a grip. Seedorf and Kaka have been totally anonymous. Combination of them not showing for it and Liverpool having about 8 men in the midfield keeps forcing Milan to play ambitious and/or risky balls. Seedorf also needs to get back and give Jankulovski a hand.

Yeah, completely. He's only the second highest scorer in all European cup competitions. :rolleyes:

yea i think phil will regret that comment after tonight. doh!

good game, pretty evenly matched and probably a fair result as i think milan were passing better for most of the game.

Inzaghi IS shite in pretty much every way apart from the way that one the game tonight. Although Milan were far from at their best, Liverpool can't complain about losing after failing to do anything with the level of control they had over the game in the first half.

On a sidenote, the English commentators and pundits are a right bunch of bitter bastards. I've never heard anyone try to talk down a Champions League winning side quite so much. Pathetic.

Inzaghi's scored 55 goals in Europe and 126 goals in Serie A, so he's obviously got something. Mind you a lot of those goals were playing alongside Del Piero and Zidane so I imagine the service was pretty good.

Wikipedia has a couple of good quotes about him:

Dutch legend Johann Cruyff has said of Inzaghi, "Look, actually he can't play football at all. He's just always in the right position."

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson once quipped, "Pippo Inzaghi was born in an offside position."

Decent game tonight. It was never going to live up to Istanbul and I thought Liverpool had the better game. But if you don't take your chances you don't deserve to win.

A good game to watch, though nothing spectacular. Liverpool deserved to get the goal for their first half performance, but Milan really held their own in the end, and got the win for it.

I quite enjoyed it all, not least because I had a bet going on with a German friend who was gunning for the Italians, while I was going for the English. We did like the irony :)

Cliche regarding Inzaghi, gotta be in the right place at the right time. He always is. 2nd goal was classic frontman stuff. He sometimes fluffs his lines so to speak but he's done his talking on the park and I think it's a game of 2 halves and Phil will be eating his words with a side order of humble pie this eve. Cider is the new lager.

Yeah, i'll have to take that Inzaghi comment on the chin :p

He is very much a victim of circumstance though and has always had the benefit of good service. His overall goals to games ratio is no better than your average striker and the first goal tonight was Pirlo's as far as i'm concerned ;)

Cracking game though. Pity Liverpool didn't have Crouch on from the start and capitalise on their build up play.