aberdeen-music

The Sopranos

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

Anybody else watching the final season?

The first few eps have been a bit disappointing, but this week was back to top form.

Can't believe there are only two eps left. :down:

I agree that there have been a few episodes which have tied up the threads with characters like Junior but the last couple of weeks have been superb.

The knowledge that each time the credits role you are one episode closer to the end is painful.

'No need to get cunty' - Walnuts to Chrissie

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started watching my acquired copy as Mrs Diesel wanted to watch The Shield Series 6 instead.

I nearly pished myself when

Bobby Baccala flattened Tony. It was a great fight and Tony's sulky excuses the next morning (I've been shot, the rug was slippy, I was drunk etc) reminded me of when I boxed years ago. Some of the excuses from losers were priceless.

A wee reminder to use the spoiler tags if necessary -

please put [ spoiler ] - without spaces - before the relevant text, and [ /spoiler ] after it, then preview it to make sure.

And remember some people use the Live Update feature here so can quite easily see the first few lines of your message unintentionally, spoiler tags or not. So keep your spoilage until after the first few lines.

A wee reminder to use the spoiler tags if necessary -

please put [ spoiler ] - without spaces - before the relevant text, and [ /spoiler ] after it, then preview it to make sure.

And remember some people use the Live Update feature here so can quite easily see the first few lines of your message unintentionally, spoiler tags or not. So keep your spoilage until after the first few lines.

Cool.

I've never seen that function before.

We wouldn't want anyone's lives completely ruined by snippet revelation, would we?

Guest DustyDeviada

So, anyone watch the last episode yet?

I thought it was great.

Looking around the web there appears to have been a fair bit of controversy about the ending. Personally I thought it was great, in that it allows the viewer to decide what happened. I'm a sucker for happy endings, and I like to think that Tony and the family enjoyed the rest of their meal and they are all happy for the rest of their lives. But I know that some people on the web think that the sudden cut to black means that Tony is now dead. Who knows?

Anyhoo, best TV show ever in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
So, anyone watch the last episode yet?

I thought it was great.

Looking around the web there appears to have been a fair bit of controversy about the ending. Personally I thought it was great, in that it allows the viewer to decide what happened. I'm a sucker for happy endings, and I like to think that Tony and the family enjoyed the rest of their meal and they are all happy for the rest of their lives. But I know that some people on the web think that the sudden cut to black means that Tony is now dead. Who knows?

Anyhoo, best TV show ever in my opinion.

I "acquired" the whole series and Mrs D and I watched in in one sitting, whilst our 9-year-old daughter moaned "Mum, Dad, make me something to eat, I'm soooooo hungry". Poor wee mite. Still, needs must.

I agree with your first scenario (and closing statement re best series). Too many loose ends for it to be a final series.

I might have to go over there and persuade Mr Chase that he does, indeed, intend to contunue the good work.

I reckon in the spirit of things, I should adopt the Paulie Walnuts method of negotiation - with the reception bell thingy!