aberdeen-music

Misfits @ Moshulu

kirkt

Guest Phantomsmasher
So we looking at a very unlikely danzig era ?

I highly doubt it, Danzig doesn't have anything to do with the Misfits legacy in terms of legal rights. Plus saw them years ago in the lemon tree, and remember badly performed Danzig era stuff, Jerry Only doesn't have the voice, Greg Ginn was the highlight, just for meeting an original member of Black Flag.

Bring on a full Danzig uk tour.... Aberdeen date included.

Guest Phantomsmasher
I'm pretty sure it was Dez Cadena last time, not Greg Ginn.

Hmm, I remember being led to believe otherwise, but I'm not going to dispute that. It probably was Dez Cadena, I was pretty young and happy about seeing one guy from Black Flag, regardless of who it was.

Hmm, I remember being led to believe otherwise, but I'm not going to dispute that. It probably was Dez Cadena, I was pretty young and happy about seeing one guy from Black Flag, regardless of who it was.
A quick check on Wikipedia confirms that yes, it was Dez.

Course it was Dez. Greg Ginn's a normal looking skinny bloke. Dez looks like Alice Coopers's younger brother.

Lemon Tree gig was awesome. Danzig's not a Misfit any more. get used to it. Jerry Only can't sing worth a fuck - everyone knows that. That aside I just find it absolutely thrilling to see some 100mph hardcore punk being thrown at you from some proper legends. 1 and a half minutes songs. It's brilliant. I suppose you just need to accept the fact that seeing The Misfits nowadays is a completley different proposition. You're wasting your time with this otherwise. In any case the non - Danzing Forbidden Zone, American Psycho and Project 1950 stuff is brilliant live.

I saw them last year at Edinburgh Liquid Rooms and they were brilliant. ROBO was drumming and was shit hot. They really tanned the back catalogue.

On honeymoon this time last year I was in the Hard Rock cafe at Universal Studios and the clerk had a big fiend skull tat. I looked on approvingly and he bigged up my Karloff shirt. We got talking and he told me that Danzig played there a few weeks earlier with Doyle and did a full hours's worth of Misfits songs. He said it was as close to the real thing as you can get and just laughed when I said Jerry was at the Lemon Tree with Marky and Dez. I was expecting Danzig to play some shows with this line - up but obviously nothing's happened. That would be immense, though!

• 3 months later...

Are you talking about the guy with the spiky hair who got up on stage twice?That all went down right where I was standing. The guy tried to get up on stage a few times. The first time he managed and the bouncer left him to it, then he tried a few more times and got warned not to do it again. But he kept trying and when he got up for the second time the bouncers tried to get rid of him. He then started thrashing around and then kicked one the bouncers in the face, which is just cuntish in any situation.

I enjoyed it, manic and thrashy though I thought the sound got a bit muddy at times. Pain in the derriere though having to drag all my mates up to the bar to prove I wasn't buying a round for kiddies! Ended the evening in Exodus until kicking out time and then polished off a bottle of jaeger with friends back at the pad, ended up getting to bed at 6am and back in work at 8.30am. Could do with a wee kip about now, hehe.

Are you talking about the guy with the spiky hair who got up on stage twice?That all went down right where I was standing. The guy tried to get up on stage a few times. The first time he managed and the bouncer left him to it, then he tried a few more times and got warned not to do it again. But he kept trying and when he got up for the second time the bouncers tried to get rid of him. He then started thrashing around and then kicked one the bouncers in the face, which is just cuntish in any situation.
If Jerry Only is inviting people up to sing, then the bouncers should simply fuck off.