aberdeen-music

AFC - new home and 3rd strip

Chris

Hmmmmm

New strip is a little dissapointing... This seasons strip was one of the nicest in a long time. Quite a classy look I thought. Aaaah well, suppose I better start saving to get my boy his strip(s)...

I like the fact that the 3rd strip is harking back to the original Aberdeen (Bon Accord) colours. Nice touch, if it's meant.

Guest DustyDeviada

The new one's OK, but not as good as this year's strip with the collar. Has a "mid to late 80s" feel to it though, I can picture Alex McLeish wearing one with ABTRUST on the front.

Hate the third strip though. Utterly pointless. Bet we lose the first time they play in it. ;)

i believe you 'need' to register a 3rd strip for European football (another daft rule as far as i can see if true). always like it when the dons bring out a black and gold strip harking back to the very very early days.

i like the new kit but i agree that it doesnt look as good as this one, which is the best strip weve had in years.

I would like the black'n'gold one if the gold was more 'gold' and less yellow (more 'East-Fifey').

The collar lets the new strip down...it doesn't looki natural on Barry Nic.

I don't like the current collar either.....bring back the round one (but in red, not white). (Jim Storrie-esque).

it doesn't looki natural on Barry Nic.

Yeah, that's because they don't do players kits in "young adult" sizes :up:

The third kit is awful to me. Reminds me of Livvi far too much to be enjoyable and the original black & gold shirt was proper stripes, nae "quarted" like this. And the shorts look like proper old school ref shorts.

Adding a white collar and cuffs to the home kit does not warrant another 40 bucks, I'm afraid. I mean, the fact they've returned to the proper AFC red and nae used a shade of cherry on one half of the strip this time is just standard - it should never have changed. The collar does look a bit neither here nor there.

I'm always cynical about this sort of thing - I mean where's the new away kit? Why should those who bought it get a bonus season out of it? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, it's only a strip. they could play in red bin liners and I wouldn't care if they played like they did on Sunday!

And christ sake, is it a year since we last talked about this! How time flies!

I think the 3rd strip looks horrible. Although i've always been a fan of the black and gold strips.

Sam, i love you like a brother, but your message makes absolutely no sense. The third kit is black and gold. Which you are a fan of. But it looks horrible. Eh?!

I don't like the black and gold kit at all, and the red one aint a patch on the current one. O well. Better than those shiny Le Coq Sportif affairs from the Thomas Solberg/Ben Thornley era I suppose

love from christy

Sam, i love you like a brother, but your message makes absolutely no sense. The third kit is black and gold. Which you are a fan of. But it looks horrible. Eh?!

I don't like the black and gold kit at all, and the red one aint a patch on the current one. O well. Better than those shiny Le Coq Sportif affairs from the Thomas Solberg/Ben Thornley era I suppose

love from christy

Well the black and gold strips of recent past have usually consisted of a black shirt, with gold sponsor, club badge ect. Like the atlantic telecom one. And this een is a vertical stripe affair. Much reminisent of my days playing against Middlesfield Wasps under 14s.