aberdeen-music

yeah, i'm a new person, can you give me advice on hardcore punk in aberdeen.

NickE

i'm coming to uni in aberdeen in september.

and, i'm really into putting on shows, bands etc

what are the best venues to use, and what are the costs if there are any of these venues, and that's pretty much it. so if someone could give me a shout, that would be very cool.

nick

nice one

east neuk for hardcore, punk, thrash, grind etc

holds about 150, suitably dark and dingy, vocal pa, not too much cost wise(cant remember its been ages, but i think its 20/30 to hire although you need a 50 deposit). pretty much anything goes, you need to finish by 11.15 midweek, 1am on weekend (12 on one of the nights)

speak to dave rowlands on here from www.myspace.com/filthpact he will be able to tell you anything you need to know

nice one

east neuk for hardcore, punk, thrash, grind etc

holds about 150, suitably dark and dingy, vocal pa, not too much cost wise(cant remember its been ages, but i think its 20/30 to hire although you need a 50 deposit). pretty much anything goes, you need to finish by 11.15 midweek, 1am on weekend (12 on one of the nights)

speak to dave rowlands on here from www.myspace.com/filthpact he will be able to tell you anything you need to know

They don't have a vocal PA< so you need to sort that out. A cheap way of doing this is hiring our (filthpact)'s vocal PA.

Nick, spoke to you on myspace, and yes, East neuk is where it all happens really. Other than that, The Moorings for random drinking etc etc

Neuk closing time is 11pm on weeknights, 11.15 if yer running stupidly late and Alan's in a good mood.Fri limit is 1am and sat is till midnight. 50 deposit and 30 venue hire.

Vocal PA available from crust plc for 40 and that includes delivery and set up in the venue.

Best bet is to go to a couple of gigs around Aberdeen and see what venue you like best and think would suit your purposes Drummonds, Tunnels, Moorings, Neuk, Moshulu, Cellar 35 etc they're all pretty good in their own ways.

They don't have a vocal PA< so you need to sort that out. A cheap way of doing this is hiring our (filthpact)'s vocal PA.

Nick, spoke to you on myspace, and yes, East neuk is where it all happens really. Other than that, The Moorings for random drinking etc etc

yeah that sounds cool man. what are the turnouts like, and who've ya had up there before?

also, anyone wanna start a band, i do play bass, and vocals. like really fast three chord shouty punk rock.

Neuk closing time is 11pm on weeknights, 11.15 if yer running stupidly late and Alan's in a good mood.Fri limit is 1am and sat is till midnight. 50 deposit and 30 venue hire.

Vocal PA available from crust plc for 40 and that includes delivery and set up in the venue.

Best bet is to go to a couple of gigs around Aberdeen and see what venue you like best and think would suit your purposes Drummonds, Tunnels, Moorings, Neuk, Moshulu, Cellar 35 etc they're all pretty good in their own ways.

i was looking at the tunnels site. looked a bit big for what i'd be planning to do. that said though. did the suicide file and hope conspiracy dates get good turnouts? strange that the aberdeen venue was bigger than the london ones though.

shit, also, how cheap is a pint of lager, and where's the closest place to snowboard and skateboard? thaanks.
a huge new skate park just opened down at the beach. there is also a small park in Westburn Park, and then street spots....fuck knows cos I dont skateboard.

Theres a dry slope out at Garthdee with some ramps and rails and during the snowy months theres a few places up north if you can get transport such as the Lecht.

a huge new skate park just opened down at the beach. there is also a small park in Westburn Park, and then street spots....fuck knows cos I dont skateboard.

Theres a dry slope out at Garthdee with some ramps and rails and during the snowy months theres a few places up north if you can get transport such as the Lecht.

ah brilliant, thanks for the help yo!

why did bags get banned??

ho ho ho

Personal attack on Cloud from last night I'd imagine. Not the first time that young lad's been warned about that. Only got himself to blame, it's a sorry shame. :down:

It's a downward spiral into lower personal hygiene, alcohol abuse and public bouts of nudity and attention-drawing shouting.

Oh wait.

Personal attack on Cloud from last night I'd imagine. Not the first time that young lad's been warned about that. Only got himself to blame, it's a sorry shame. :down:

It's a downward spiral into lower personal hygiene, alcohol abuse and public bouts of nudity and attention-drawing shouting.

Oh wait.

ahahahahahahahaha

shit, also, how cheap is a pint of lager, and where's the closest place to snowboard and skateboard? thaanks.

Most of the old really good spots got shut down, ie broad street, saint nick.

The top of berry den next to sainsburys is good if you like ledges, new park down the beach is good, BoD one is average, the uni has some good stairs/rails/gaps

aye. i'd be up for playing guitar.

Nick & Bobby,

I'm raring to form a band as well! Shouty three-chord hardcore punk preferable!

I'd be up for guitar and vocals, or whatever I'm required to. shit drummer though. however, I got a crappy 80s drum machine...

Fuck it, even if it only amounted to some jamming throughout the summer, it would still be somethin! Let's go!

Oh yeah, I'm also gonna be new to Aberdeen - moving in a week's time - although I've been to/played quite a few gigs there, so I know all about the hardcore/punk activity really.