aberdeen-music

Wooden Castlegate thingy?

Benji

Tracy Emin, after about 15 years, has finally got her teeth done. MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT. I think shes a fair character (did anyone see that talkshow she went on with all these art officials while out of tits?) and she's had one hell of a life. I'm no real fan of her art but she got conceptualism alot of publicity.

As for Hirst, who I used to think was twat, I now have a fair bit of respect for. I watched a BBC documentary on his 'Pharmacy' installment in the Tate, and seriously, there is alot of meaning and thoughts behind it. I was really surprised. They sorta need to show that film to everyone in the gallery first though - otherwise it just looks like a bunch of random objects.

Anyway, yous are all just bitter about ''modern art'' because you didn't think of the whole ''ripped canvas'' before others, thus missing out on a couple million quid.

I payed this monstrosity a visit the other day and yes, it is shite. Fortunately, it's only temporary and is going to get moved to the University grounds or something and be used as a 'meeting crossing point.'.

However, there were some good drawings done by young kids inside worth looking at. (I particularly liked the vampire and the one that said 'Aberdeen Suck, Rangers Rule!)

I don't think the exhibitions justify the vandalism of Aberdeen by having 'Six Cities' sprayed all over the town. I hope they remove all the signs when the exhibitions are over. Fucking art student wankers.

This is exactly what Aberdeen needs.

I still don't know what the fuck it is :swearing:

It's a temporary building by an Architect that's suppose to act as a hub for the Six Cities Design Festival... As it say's... That's what it is. Whether it is succesfull or not is another argument. I personally think it's a mess but feels like a nice big tree house inside... At the other end, the Extreme North exhibition in the Gallery is pretty good with a fab use of the space!

It's only temporary though, no point in wasting even more money on a long lasting structure when there's a good few art galleries/centres going free as it is.

One of my friends has a film which I believe is being shown in aforementioned boxy thing. regardless, she was inside it at the weekend and said it was one of the most appallingly designed art spaces she'd ever seen, which is pretty damning considering it was designed by architects.

And I really hope they don't move it onto Aberdeen Uni campus. King's is stricken with enough shoddy architecture as it is.