aberdeen-music

Wooden Castlegate thingy?

Benji

modern art is pish. i could shit on a canvass and sell it for art.

that unmade bed bitch is a phoney and anhyone who pays for shite like that is a pretentious wanker.

discuss.

What art would you sell it for?

Yeah all modern art is shit, and these new bands can't play for shit, and they don't make cars like they used to and the government used to be trustworthy and you used to be able to let your kids go on a trek to Everest with just a sandwich and a bottle of aspirin and they'd come back in one piece and there weren't any perverts either. Or foreigners.

What art would you sell it for?

Yeah all modern art is shit, and these new bands can't play for shit, and they don't make cars like they used to and the government used to be trustworthy and you used to be able to let your kids go on a trek to Everest with just a sandwich and a bottle of aspirin and they'd come back in one piece and there weren't any perverts either. Or foreigners.

You have to admit though, Tracy Emin is a cunt!

how is she NOT a phoney?

"hmmm....i need some money, and all those rubbish paintings are getting a bit common."

"i know, i'll mess up my bedroom and claim it is art"

Well firstly I have gotten that impression through various interviews with her, etc.

Secondly, you are just speculating about her motives.

AFAIK Emin and Hurst etc only really rose to prominence because of the Saatchi brothers and their huge influence, not because of any particular artistic integrity. I'm not a huge fan of the saatchi brand of modern/conceptual art - the damien hurst piece in the art gallery here is a pathetic and really quite mundane example, god knows how much it cost to bring it here.

two points:

1. I may be wrong about tracy emins motives; but either way: it isn't art. And sorry but all that 'art is in the eye of the beholder mumbo-jumbo doesn't wash.

2. I don't have a problem with art-that-is-modern; but modern-art is a load of balls. But I need to raise 2 grand to get my roland v-drums, so perhaps it is an avenue I could explore.

two points:

1. I may be wrong about tracy emins motives; but either way: it isn't art. And sorry but all that 'art is in the eye of the beholder mumbo-jumbo doesn't wash.

2. I don't have a problem with art-that-is-modern; but modern-art is a load of balls. But I need to raise 2 grand to get my roland v-drums, so perhaps it is an avenue I could explore.

Yeah! Art is decided by the Government's bi-annual Art meetings, that is how art is decided!

Way to not explain your pointless points really badly! Wayhey!

The Blurb

The Thingy...

"Monkey Puzzle Pavillion is a temporary buiilding by Architect Jonathon Woolf, commisioned specifically for the festival. Acting as the Aberdeen Festival information point, Monkey Puzzle Pavillion is the hot spot to get Six Cities Design Festival information, take part in Claystation, hear the latest on design or relax and take in a film"

I like the fact that they have considered the aesthetic and matched it with the hording at La Lamabrda's...

Now regarding 'contemporary art' and Ben's century old argument... Och, not worth the typing...

The Thingy...

"Monkey Puzzle Pavillion is a temporary buiilding by Architect Jonathon Woolf, commisioned specifically for the festival. Acting as the Aberdeen Festival information point, Monkey Puzzle Pavillion is the hot spot to get Six Cities Design Festival information, take part in Claystation, hear the latest on design or relax and take in a film"

That sounds like a Tom Moore description, doesn't it, Jim!!!! "Relax and take in a film!" Oh aye!

I noticed it was sympathetic to La Lombardo's hoarding as well!!! Brilliant!

The Thingy...

This is exactly what Aberdeen needs.

I still don't know what the fuck it is :swearing: