aberdeen-music

Photography

Sam 45

Canon destroy Nikon!:up:

Nikon D200x at 1600iso...

nikon1600iso.jpg

Canon 5d at 1600iso

canon1600iso.jpg

Yes, there is a bit of a price difference between the 2 but really...there is a reason why most of the pro's I know use Canon.

that's a tad unfair and you know it hog! :) the 5d is exactly double the price of the d200 and is definitely a pro camera whereas the d200 is a semi-pro/pro camera. and a camera is not judged on high iso noise alone.

i'd be interested to see the comparison between a 5d and a fuji s5 though :)

incidentally the word on the street(or more precisely rumours on the net) is that nikon's next model will be a d200 replacement or a full frame pro body. my money's on a full frame body to match canon's offerings as nikon have the best camera's in the lower end of the market just now. i've heard they're not keen on the in camera dust removal as it's not efficient and adds unneccessary moving parts to the camera.

I actually really fancy a D80. I've set in concrete that I want 10mp. However, the D80 is tre pricey and may take some saving. I figure it'd be worth saving up for but am scared I may not have the skill to handle it. The Canon 400d is sitting nicely in my price range though.

I was planning on paying you a visit this thursday or next thursday. :)

i think that's a good choice. better options than the d40x in terms of lenses and you won't want to upgrade it as soon either, as you can do much more with the menu's etc. it also has 11-point autofocus and depth of field preview which will come in handy as you learn more. plus it says nikon on the front and not canon. :p

the 400d is a good camera too but if you can afford the extra bucks the d80 won't let you down.

hey! no fair!

in saying that, canon don't give us shit. hundreds of free nikon mugs, a couple of fuji ones and all we get from canon is some catalogues. meh.

Fuck!!! You get free mugs o_O

Everyone we deal with is so tight. Sony give us the odd pen. One of the reps from Maxell gave me the most 80s/Mr T bling MiniDisc keyring this week (having said that it is fucking ace) i got a Key chain light from the Kef rep recently too. No fucking mugs though. Bastards.

Might have to look at getting Nikon stuff in at Brucie's. Only problem is i'll have to learn how to use the fucking things as they've got a fair few more bells and whistles than the Sony Digital Cameras.

Fuck!!! You get free mugs o_O

Everyone we deal with is so tight. Sony give us the odd pen. One of the reps from Maxell gave me the most 80s/Mr T bling MiniDisc keyring this week (having said that it is fucking ace) i got a Key chain light from the Kef rep recently too. No fucking mugs though. Bastards.

Might have to look at getting Nikon stuff in at Brucie's. Only problem is i'll have to learn how to use the fucking things as they've got a fair few more bells and whistles than the Sony Digital Cameras.

you'd probably get more free stuff than we would as well seeing as you're an independent retailer and can actually be swayed by such things. i'll wager our buying department gets sent all manner of wonderful toys. very little of it ever trickles down to us though.

Just back from a seminar today. Spoke to Joe Buissink who has photographed J-Lo's wedding, Christina Aguilera's wedding etc etc. I asked him what camera he uses... Canon 5d.

Then asked Yervant (the man)... Canon 5d.

Although, there are strong rumour that the new Nikon will be full frame and will kick the 5d's ass. So the future will be interesting (for camera geeks).

• 3 weeks later...
Just back from a seminar today. Spoke to Joe Buissink who has photographed J-Lo's wedding, Christina Aguilera's wedding etc etc. I asked him what camera he uses... Canon 5d.

Then asked Yervant (the man)... Canon 5d.

Although, there are strong rumour that the new Nikon will be full frame and will kick the 5d's ass. So the future will be interesting (for camera geeks).

*clang*

*clang*

mr Hog, I think you dropped some names, here you go, I picked them up for you...

I bought myself a Canon 400d on friday, and so far it is pretty damn good, though I need a bit more practise to be able to work it properly.

Dave, I did come down to the bridge street shop to buy it from you guys after you were damn helpful when I was in a couple of times to chat about it and test out cameras, ended up going to the market street shop as you were out of stock on friday (I guess it probably makes no real difference to you, but cheers for the help, I did buy it in the end...)

David

I bought myself a Canon 400d on friday, and so far it is pretty damn good, though I need a bit more practise to be able to work it properly.

Dave, I did come down to the bridge street shop to buy it from you guys after you were damn helpful when I was in a couple of times to chat about it and test out cameras, ended up going to the market street shop as you were out of stock on friday (I guess it probably makes no real difference to you, but cheers for the help, I did buy it in the end...)

David

yea it makes no real difference to us though there is a friendly rivalry between the two stores. glad you're happy with your camera!