aberdeen-music

i built a pedal board out of an old guitar case....

Guest nature_1

Thanks for the link!Looks good and is certainly a decent price. Does it work alright with pedals like The Rat or any of the EH pedals with a different power input size?I have found a box online that costs 50 and that has cables specifically for these pedals and the line 6 modellers but they cost an extra 4 each.

Pedalboards, Pedal Board Cases, Effects Pedal Power Supplies and the Finest Hand-built British Guitar Amplifiers by Diago - Overview - that shows all the stuff it can do and the prices are in the "shop" section.

Diago Powerstation Compatability - shows just what that box is capable of.

According to that site, pedals such as the line 6 DL4 use 9V AC power compared to the Boss pedals which use 9V DC. Having consulted guitar shops, I understand that buying a separate adaptor would ensure a "hum" free signal although it should work fine on a DC adaptor. I have very little knowledge in this area though and have no idea whether buying a DC only box (like the one Sound Lab one) to run my pedals, which include the Rat and the DL4, would either damage them or cause the box to "blow" as a result of powering something it really wasn't designed for.

There are links on the Diago site to their competition but I've yet to come across anything that suits.

Thanks for the link!Looks good and is certainly a decent price. Does it work alright with pedals like The Rat or any of the EH pedals with a different power input size?I have found a box online that costs 50 and that has cables specifically for these pedals and the line 6 modellers but they cost an extra 4 each.

Pedalboards, Pedal Board Cases, Effects Pedal Power Supplies and the Finest Hand-built British Guitar Amplifiers by Diago - Overview - that shows all the stuff it can do and the prices are in the "shop" section.

Diago Powerstation Compatability - shows just what that box is capable of.

According to that site, pedals such as the line 6 DL4 use 9V AC power compared to the Boss pedals which use 9V DC. Having consulted guitar shops, I understand that buying a separate adaptor would ensure a "hum" free signal although it should work fine on a DC adaptor. I have very little knowledge in this area though and have no idea whether buying a DC only box (like the one Sound Lab one) to run my pedals, which include the Rat and the DL4, would either damage them or cause the box to "blow" as a result of powering something it really wasn't designed for.

There are links on the Diago site to their competition but I've yet to come across anything that suits.

I have a separate plug for the DL4 - so i wouldnt know, sorry!

I had RnB solder a new head onto one of the cables so i could use it to power my EHX smallstone when i bought the unit, ivor did it without too much complaint :p works fine with my smallstone , so yes it will be fine for your Rat or and EHX pedals.

As for the DS-1, when it comes in i'm giving it to lame guitarist on these boards to do some of his mods on it, just to make it a bit beefier. The metal muff dies all the time, and besides its a bit toooo high gain for me.

a really, really good resource for effects pedals stuff is the Kit And Tab section of Muse Messageboard - Powered by vBulletin - whether you like muse or not, that forum's a fucking gold mine of information.

anyone want to buy an epi les paul custom? heh

• 4 months later...

just an update, changed the board about again:D got the new wood from a mid-renovation kitchen junk pile. its actually slanted too, but cant really see that in the pic.

i dropped the DL4 from the set up, but added the akai headrush for looping fun

i also put the tuner at the end of the chain to double as a mute/cut off switch.

DSC00022Small.jpg

still havent replaced the metal muff yet, can anyone think of a nice versatile distortion pedal? as in it does insanity but relative calm aswell? i was gonna get a modded DS-1 but havent got round to it yet :(

also, you should all come out and post your own boards too:D