aberdeen-music

Prince Harry

Someone told me that it's a 'royal duty' to serve in the army to some degree. Is this true or complete bollocks?

It is indeed reasonably true - The links between the royals & the forces (who of course effectively keep them in power) are particularly strong & taken very seriously.

I think quite a lot of people in Deeside would disagree with your statement - considering that their very existence has led to a lot of tourist money coming in - which keeps a lot of people in employment.

Aye but what sort of employment - serfs? There is a price to pay if you go to work for them/that end of the industry - Shit money & they own you.

BTW, I'm a Deesider who would be happy enough to see the back of them & IIRC, a few years back studies suggested that the sort of tourism the Royals represent was actually holding-back a great deal more potential income from more diverse forms of tourism & outdoor activities.

As for Harry, I couldn't care less. If you join the forces, you should know what to expect & even if the worst happened, it would be is far from the first time a minor royal had been killed/taken in action.

• 2 weeks later...
The freedom of speech we would have had taken away by other professional murderers you mean?

Yes, thankfully some people cared enough about the defence of the nation to stop us living under a right wing German Nazi state.

Do you honestly believe this country would be better off without the armed forces?