aberdeen-music

Online shops for strings etc

Chris

This thread stinks of laziness, boo!!! :-)

I've spent ages looking through loads of sites offering similar services. Now I'm wanting recommendations from people to seperate the men from the boys.

All you seem to do is heckle other people's threads...

seconded, BUT dont bother paying royal mail for next day "special" delivery that strings direct automatically offer if you want next day delivery... for some reason its crap... of all the orders i've placed with stringsdirect (usually for fairly obscure strings) the FOC delivery has been turned around in a day, whereas i've had to go chasing the "special" delivery on numerous occasions...

I got ten packs of D'Addario strings from the states for 23 delivered. Ordered on Friday and arrived on Tuesday. Can't guarantee that sort of turnaround time though. I'll find the link and post it later

But if you are unlucky customs will charge you import duty / vat if you order from the states. This happened to me a couple of months back when i ordered something from Stewmac. It's a gamble.

• 5 months later...
It's alarming how they don't appear to cater for those who play an electric 12-string.

Or maybe I'm not navigating my way through these sites correctly.

:swearing:

hmmm... i got half a dozen sets via stringsdirect.co.uk in 2 minutes.... do i win a coconut...?

got to their search box and type "12 string electric" there is about 5 pages of stuff.... some of them are bass sets and just sets with the number 12 in them.... but peppered in there you will find rick, diadrio etc etc...

Guest idol_wild
hmmm... i got half a dozen sets via stringsdirect.co.uk in 2 minutes.... do i win a coconut...?

got to their search box and type "12 string electric" there is about 5 pages of stuff.... some of them are bass sets and just sets with the number 12 in them.... but peppered in there you will find rick, diadrio etc etc...

I searched for exactly that actually, and I just assumed that the top of the search would bring me what I wanted, so I didn't trawl through the rest when I found strings for bass, banjo, and even capos(!) in the first search page!

I'll go venture back now. :up: