aberdeen-music

Ghost

all_his_engines

Did anyone else see this incredible japanese band at Mono in Glasgow on Thursday night? Or has anyone even heard of them?

First discovered them a couple of years ago when I heard them being played in One-Up. Wonderful mix of psychadelia, folk and hard rock.....with some free-form improvisation thrown in for good measure. Never thought I'd get to see them play the UK, but they were fantastic last night in Glasgow, a mind-blowing performance. They're also playing ATP this weekend down in Somerset.

www.myspace.com/nopasaran1

Did anyone else see this incredible japanese band at Mono in Glasgow on Thursday night? Or has anyone even heard of them?

First discovered them a couple of years ago when I heard them being played in One-Up. Wonderful mix of psychadelia, folk and hard rock.....with some free-form improvisation thrown in for good measure. Never thought I'd get to see them play the UK, but they were fantastic last night in Glasgow, a mind-blowing performance. They're also playing ATP this weekend down in Somerset.

www.myspace.com/nopasaran1

we were in mono a month ago & saw they were coming on the blackboard (Stephen Pastel's marketing tool eh......)

glad they were fantastic, u should also check out Damon & Naomi's 2nd last cd, has all of

Ghost playing on it.......its full of lovliness.

I like them a lot.....I played on the same bill as them a couple of times in the States, and have been onstage with Masaki Batoh (sp?) when we both accompanied Tom Rapp on a song. I also got Kurihara to sign my travel guitar. There's a VG DVD/CD colection of their stuff from 84-2004 called 'Metamorphosis'.

I second Chilli's Damon & Naomi mention:up:

I also believe R.Borlax is a BIG fan of theirs!

Guest bluesxman

Ghost guitarist Michio Kurihara has done an album, 'Rainbow', with Boris, I got hold of it this week it's excellent. I have just ordered that collaboration album with Damon and Naomi earlier this week by co-incidence....

I was there last night and was really impressed. I only got to hear of them a couple of months ago, so don't their work that well. I think they make more sense to me now and I shall be tracking down some more of their records. They didn't play a particularly long set but it was really tight and varied. A great place to see them as well.

Wonderful band. The new album "in stormy nights" is great. And i'd recommend most of their earlier work, but in particular their self titled debut, "second time around" and "lama rabi rabi" As has already been mentioned they're very varied, and often quite extreme. The acoustic element seems always to be at their heart though. I also love Masaki Batoh's vocals. I'm unsure if anyone else would agree but he helps the band achieve an endearing quality.

Yeah, in fairness it wasn't very well advertised. I only found out about it by chance, myself. I was buying tickets for another gig in Edinburgh and saw a listing for it. But apart from that bit of luck I'd not seen a single poster (or indeed any other type of promotion) until I got to Mono the other night.

I own "Hypnotic Underworld", "In Stormy Nights" and "Snuffbox Immanence", which are all great in their own individual way. Their other stuff seems quite tricky to get hold of, though I'll definately have to check out those Damon & Naomi and Boris collaborations.