aberdeen-music

Foo Fighters Tribute @ Live @ The Boardroom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't mind tribute bands but I don't really see the point in a tribute for a band like the Foo Fighters. I saw The Clashed at Drummonds and they were superb. But what is the point in covering a band that is still going and not that old? They're not even that good anyway. Each to their own though, I'm certainly not going to start crying over the matter like most on here seem to be doing :up:

I don't mind tribute bands but I don't really see the point in a tribute for a band like the Foo Fighters. I saw The Clashed at Drummonds and they were superb. But what is the point in covering a band that is still going and not that old? They're not even that good anyway. Each to their own though, I'm certainly not going to start crying over the matter like most on here seem to be doing :up:

Foo Fighters not that good???? I suppose Ian Brown is better? o_O

Not everyone gets the chance to see their favourite bands in the flesh as tickets often sell out very quickly, so for some who like a certain band, like the FF's, going to watch a tribute band is an acceptable alternative until such time they can see the real thing.:up:

Bullshit, the first two Foo Fighters albums are freaking awesome.

Agreed. I can't be arsed with anything they've put out since but Foo Fighters are responsible for one of my favourite songs, Everlong.

The first Foos CD is great and has so much vitriol and aggression. Colour and The Shape is full of well written songs with great melodies and the vocals are superb.

Agreed. I can't be arsed with anything they've put out since but Foo Fighters are responsible for one of my favourite songs, Everlong.

The first Foos CD is great and has so much vitriol and aggression. Colour and The Shape is full of well written songs with great melodies and the vocals are superb.

For sure, I went to see them at the AECC, and the few songs from those albums actually made up for the 500 hours of new material they puked at me.

Is it because they play at the SECC?

Em, maybe listen up to my comments if you're going to have a go, visa ve Biffy.

Havent got a problem with pop bands. Just bands that change their music that isnt naturally appealing to the masses, purely to appeal to the masses.

And they're dull. Not without the odd good song, but overall, dull, and their lyrics don't interest me at all.

I couldn't give a shit where they play. I don't like their material.

Em, maybe listen up to my comments if you're going to have a go, visa ve Biffy.

Havent got a problem with pop bands. Just bands that change their music that isnt naturally appealing to the masses, purely to appeal to the masses.

And they're dull. Not without the odd good song, but overall, dull, and their lyrics don't interest me at all.

I couldn't give a shit where they play. I don't like their material.

I don't that Foo Fighters changed their music to appeal to the masses, just that Dave Grohl forgot how to write good songs.

I wouldn't trust anyone who says Everlong isn't a fantastically brilliant song.

I don't that Foo Fighters changed their music to appeal to the masses, just that Dave Grohl forgot how to write good songs.

I wouldn't trust anyone who says Everlong isn't a fantastically brilliant song.

Exactly. Thats what im saying, for fucks sake. Its biffy that did that, not foo fighters!

And it is. 1. Out of how many?

• 1 month later...

i prefer Husker Du.

Busted were so much better than foo fighters. Given they have split up, i'd say McFly piss all over the Foo's. ...

Actually I might have heard this band rehearsing at Tom's: and they did sound pretty authentic..........................

Dave Grohl lost it when he got his teeth fixed...the big sellout...

Guest Bob Double Jack

this friday at drummonds, Rockin for Kids Charity Night - featuring tribute bands:

Skint Lizzy

Irn Midden

Green Days

In Your Honour

5 on the door or tickets at One Up. 1st band on at 9pm.

All in aid of Cash for Kids- 14000 has been raised for this cause in the last 6 years.