aberdeen-music

Foo Fighters Tribute @ Live @ The Boardroom

Thursday 21st June see's aberdeens No1 tribute to the foo fighters come to LIVE!

In Your Honour are a 5 piece tribute to, in my opinon, the best band ever.

The doors open @ 8 pm, band from 9 pm under 18's welcome

tickets 6 available from The Office bar, ask for Tim

See web for more deatils.

THE OFFICE & LIVE

or call 07843 283 994/ 01224 571475

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

cheap skate, man show some support for local music dig deep 6 is peanuts to see a band of this quality

Piss off, I've been 'showing some support' (eg. going to things that I want to, putting on shows in a way that is as ethical as possible) far longer than you've been keeping an eye on the potential cash cow. This is local music in it's lowest denominator, ie the band are local. Doesn't mean I should support some people playing out their rock star fantasies by milking money off of a far more talented and successfull band. Dude, the last show I was at was 4 for two local bands playing original material and another band from Glasgow. The last show I was involved with putting on involved two acts from the US, a band from Dundee and a band from Stonehaven. It was 4. I can watch a covers band or whatever for free down the road whenever I like (okay, when they are actually playing, I couldn't go down at 5am on Christmas morning).

QUICK, EVERYONE PUT DOWN THIS GIG AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Heaps of folk have paid 6 to see local bands before, and will probably have to again sometime soon. It's not that big a deal, so it's a coulple of bucks more expensive than a gig at Drummonds, big woop, you can't get a pint for that in most places.

I've heard In Your Honour are pretty ace anyway.

Guest Bob Double Jack
Out of curiosity, how long a set will they be playing?

1 hour 30 to 1 hr 45 mins should be the length of the set. Just a correction to the original post, they are actually a 4 piece.

Guest Bob Double Jack
Piss off, I've been 'showing some support' (eg. going to things that I want to, putting on shows in a way that is as ethical as possible) far longer than you've been keeping an eye on the potential cash cow. This is local music in it's lowest denominator, ie the band are local. Doesn't mean I should support some people playing out their rock star fantasies by milking money off of a far more talented and successfull band.

what an absolute pile of shite that is. have you ever been to see any tribute band in any form and if you have, then you are a hypocrite. I can say from personal experience of having played in another tribute band (Skint Lizzy) that we are not "playing out our rock star fantasies" as you put it. I did it (and still do) to try and get a different style into my playing. Aren't tribute bands in fact "paying tribute" to bands that people enjoy - hence the name? Also, isn't everyone in an original material band "playing out a rock (or insert alternative genre here) star fantasy? Or is "for the music"? OK, so it's 6, woop dee doo. If you dont want to pay, dont bother going. Simple as that. Now stop posting crap.

• 2 weeks later...

FOO FIGHTERS UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just to clear things up, under 18s are welcome but they must be over 14 id will be required on the night if you cannot prove you are over 18 you will be given a wrist band to show this, also the gig tickets are selling fast so if you want tickets please either go to one up or email me at tim@liveaberdeen.co.uk and i can reserve them and you can then come in to the bar and pay.

look forward to seeing you at the gig

timmy!!

what an absolute pile of shite that is. have you ever been to see any tribute band in any form and if you have, then you are a hypocrite. I can say from personal experience of having played in another tribute band (Skint Lizzy) that we are not "playing out our rock star fantasies" as you put it. I did it (and still do) to try and get a different style into my playing. Aren't tribute bands in fact "paying tribute" to bands that people enjoy - hence the name? Also, isn't everyone in an original material band "playing out a rock (or insert alternative genre here) star fantasy? Or is "for the music"? OK, so it's 6, woop dee doo. If you dont want to pay, dont bother going. Simple as that. Now stop posting crap.

I agree with you Bob, its nothing to do with a rock star fantasy, if you are into a band then nothing wrong with playing their tunes as a tribute band. Its all just fun. I certainly dont get on stage in a school uniform to play out a fantasy!! i do that at home with the wife!! haha:up:

cheap skate, man show some support for local music dig deep 6 is peanuts to see a band of this quality

no offence intended, but, are you being serious?

when you go and check what is really happening in the Scottish/UK Music scene (as opposed to the pub circuit and the malt mill listings) then maybe i would listen to your opinion.

you merely come across as a businessman rather than somebody who cares about local music. which is fine. but prob best not to preach to people who actually give a toss/actively contribute to the local music scene and have done so for a good few years.

haha cover bands threads are always funny. RF scott you are an idiot, but thats your loss. 6 i would have said is steap for a tribute act not many have heard of but if they are good enough then fair play to them, i wouldnt say its supporting the local scene but im sure it would be a damm good night out.

Ok folks this is gettin a bit off topic, so some of you dont think this is to help local music that is fair enough, but all the members of the band are long time dedicated members of the scene and this is just another way for them to show case there talent and enjoy them selves and give you lot enjoyment (i Hope) So why not just come along and check it out before you judge them please. This is not about making money or coining everyone ill be happy if i just cover my costs, mainly i want people to see the venue for what it is trying to be, a new venue on the scene that just wants people to have a good time (if i wanted to be rich i would invest the grand this is costing me on lottery tickets).

Long live music

Timmy:up::up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

a thousand quid to book a local foo fighters tribute act? tell you what, 10EW will do a nightly residency for a fortnight for the same dough...now that's helping out local music!

In what way does putting on a Foo Fighters tribute act help out local music?

Because if it's a success, it might encourage the venue to put on local acts - after all, tribute acts are a good way of seeing if your venue is up to scratch in the first place. If you can't attract people to a tribute night, then you know that you're probably wasting your time doing local acts.

I dare say (as well) that if the gig is busy, then it might encourage them to put on touring bands too - after all, who knows?

aye, and i still go to gigs in aberdeen and i still play gigs in aberdeen

I still go to gigs in Aberdeen too..so what's the difference? I dare say I might play another gig in Aberdeen sometime too...