aberdeen-music

The Long Good Friday

Chris

Unfortunately this isn't a thread extolling the virtues of this fantastic 80's gangland flick.

Instead I'm bearing the tragic news the Paul W.S. 'fucking arsewipe' Anderson (Resident Evil, Alien vs Predator) is remaking the film and basing it in Miami. The cunt.

Empire: Movie News - Long Good Friday Being Remade

Why can't Hollywood leave classic films alone? I thought Handmade was a decent, upstanding company, what the hell is it playing at?

Other Handmade films being targeted for destruction are Mona Lisa and Time Bandits. How long before they fuck with Withnail & I or even Life Of Brian (starring Steve Martin as every other comedy remake seems to)?

it couldnt possibly be as bad as stallone's get carter could it??? actually yes, an awful idea hope bob hoskins doesnt do a money spinning cameo. i doubt it he has standards!!!! and who they gonna replace the IRA with???

Unfortunately this isn't a thread extolling the virtues of this fantastic 80's gangland flick.

Instead I'm bearing the tragic news the Paul W.S. 'fucking arsewipe' Anderson (Resident Evil, Alien vs Predator) is remaking the film and basing it in Miami. The cunt.

Empire: Movie News - Long Good Friday Being Remade

Why can't Hollywood leave classic films alone? I thought Handmade was a decent, upstanding company, what the hell is it playing at?

Other Handmade films being targeted for destruction are Mona Lisa and Time Bandits. How long before they fuck with Withnail & I or even Life Of Brian (starring Steve Martin as every other comedy remake seems to)?

Some cunt's gettin' their baws rattled.

Fuckin.

Stupid.

Hollywood

Cunts.

Get Carter, Wicker Man, La Femme Nikita (Point of No Return), The Vanishing (inc. tack-on "happy" ending) - are just a few "foreign" films they've made a complete and utter cunt of.

Now I'm really angry - this isn't over yet.

Can you see it?

Will Smith as Harold Shand, punctuating every line with "that's what ah'm talking about..."

The Abbatoir scene - One of cinemas blackest of black of comedic (and terrifying) scenes reduced to a series of childish insults..."Yo, upside-down muthafukka, shut yo muthafukkin mouth befoh ah go medieval on yo ass...muthafukka".

Please God no.

hoskins is on fire throughout

My all-time, bar none, favourite performance by an actor in a leading role.

charlie from casualty

Correct! and as a Brucie bonus for viewers - the smug, one-note cunt gets cunted with a broken bottle. Yaldy!

hollywood must burn.

Yes, indeed it must.

the only thing that might be worse would be a george lucas/steven spielberg digitally remastered version. instead of being stabbed in the neck with a broken bottle then jerking around on the floor while blood sprays from his neck, charlie from casualty would be tickled with a feather duster.