aberdeen-music

New jacket advice

Since we are approaching warmer months are upon us (well, not today) I am looking to buy a new jacket. My current jacket of ~ 6 years is ready to die, as only 1 out of the 4 pockets still work. It is sort of a suit jacket type of thing, but not as dressy and I am looking for something quite similar. I've had a look around Aberdeen and so far all I have seen are jackets that would either make me look like a young Jeremy Clarkson or an extra out of Nathan Barley. Any suggestions for where I could look in Aberdeen, or online? Sorry I've not given the best description in the world as to what I want!:rolleyes:

I don't have a jacket. As Phil Collins says:

jacket250.jpg

A photo of Phil Collins - how dare you! I've just had my lunch. God, I feel sick!

Jan - what kind of budget are we talking here - Harrods or Heart Foundation?

Slaters, Debs, Markies, Next are the usual suspects, but if you want something else, there's USC, The Attic and those kind of places.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

get a jumper or a hoodie, primark has hoodies in all sorts of colours for 4 or 5 bucks each. nobody needs a jacket in the summer weather

Jan - what kind of budget are we talking here - Harrods or Heart Foundation?

Slaters, Debs, Markies, Next are the usual suspects, but if you want something else, there's USC, The Attic and those kind of places.

I wouldn't say I'm willing to spend crazy money on it, but I'll pay good money for something I like. I have tried Debenhams, Marks and Spencer, Topman, Next and a couple of other places, but I quickly lose interest and want to go spend money in Fopp instead. I was going to have a look in the charity shops on George Street, but I was hacked at the time I had spent looking in clothes shops. Yr new shop choices have been noted however.

get a jumper or a hoodie, primark has hoodies in all sorts of colours for 4 or 5 bucks each. nobody needs a jacket in the summer weather

Hoodies are for sulky teenagers, and jumpers are a pain in the ass to take off, they can get stuck on your head, temporarily rendering your eyes useless. In comparison a light jacket can be slipped off with ease.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Hoodies are for sulky teenagers, and jumpers are a pain in the ass to take off, they can get stuck on your head, temporarily rendering your eyes useless. In comparison a light jacket can be slipped off with ease.

Either sulky teenagers, or people who want the security of additional warmth and the option to protect their head from light rain in Aberdeen's changeable climate. How's your cardigan collection looking, gramps? :up:

I went shopping for a jacket for the warmer months, trapsed all over Aberdeen and ended up with a 5 hoodie from Primark. 'tis all you'll need :up:

I hate shopping.

Also.. Diesel being at lower end of the budget?

Yous are made of money - get TK MAXX lashed, and yeah, like everyone said - Primark. There seriously is no other place.

Ebay takes time and effort with regards for clothes, sometimes its worth it :D

Either sulky teenagers, or people who want the security of additional warmth and the option to protect their head from light rain in Aberdeen's changeable climate. How's your cardigan collection looking, gramps? :up:

It looks svelte but smells terrible because i wear it too much and don't wash it.