interesting music promotions present:

FOUND + DOWN THE TINY STEPS + GARETH S BROWN

Saturday 23rd June

The Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen, AB10 1BF. (01224) 211121

Doors 8pm / Entry 6

The Tunnels Aberdeen, independent music venue & restaurant

www.myspace.com/interestingmusic

FOUND

Found first came into existence in 2001 when Ziggy Campbell, Tommy Perman and Kev Sim received funding to release an experimental vinyl record entitled the Random Audio Therapy Unit. Ever since then they have been collaborating together and with other artists and musicians on a variety of weird and sometimes wonderful visual art and music projects.

At the beginning of 2005, Ziggy, Kev and Tommy started a live band and enlisted the fine musical talents of Gavin Sutherland. Since then they have been playing gigs all over the UK. In February 2006 FOUND added a fifth member to their ranks . . . Mr Alan Stockdale on drums, percussion and live visual projections.

Together, their frenetic live sets fuse acoustic instruments with live sampling and electronic manipulation. Beats, breaks, live sounds from vocals, guitar, bass, banjo, blow piano and more, FOUND make music that moves from mellow jazz to acid electro welcoming the influence of the blues, hip hop and techno in equal measure. Matt Bennett, Clash Magazine

In 2005 the PRS Foundation decided to award FOUND the prestigious Live Connections Award to stage a one off multi-media event at the Lemon Tree, Aberdeen. The event was a sell-out success and people even had to be turned away at the door as the venue quickly reached capacity.

www.myspace.com/foundtheband

Surface Pressure Records

DOWN THE TINY STEPS

Down The Tiny Steps are a Glasgow-based sunshine folk outfit who combine sublime acoustics with subtle electronics to create a sound that owes much to the likes of The Beta Band and Beck yet retains a unique and distinct flavour through joyous harmonies and simple songwriting.

The band are breath of distinctly Scottish fresh air and have already gathered praise from a host of local DJs, including Xfm's Mash, Boom Monk Ben and Radio Scotland's Vic Galloway. Over the past 18 months, DtTS have shared bills with King Creosote, My Latest Novel, F.O. Machete, Kid Carpet, and King Biscuit Time, to name but a few fine folks, and will be playing the T-Break Stage at this years T In The Park.

www.myspace.com/downthetinysteps

www.downthetinysteps.co.uk

www.fencerecords.com

GARETH S BROWN

Gareth S Brown grew up in rural West Yorkshire but moved to inner city Leeds in the mid-nineties. Gareth is a former/current member of HOOD, Canvas, Rauschen and The Unpleasants. To cut a long story short, he now composes and performs under his own name. His debut album 'Iron Henry' is available now on Misplaced Music.

"A masterclass in modern minimalism....for once we have an album which sits in the modern classical genre tightly enough but is not once predictable. Fans of Colleen, Steve Reich, John Adams and other such uncompromising talents should check this without delay." Boomkat.com

www.myspace.com/garethsbrown

Misplaced Music :: Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
im really excited about this gig :) and the one jim mentions of course!

Unfortunately we have just been notified that the gig I mentioned (22nd) is no longer happening in said venue... We are in the midst of trying to sort another establishment out and will keep the threads etc posted... I spent litterally minutes on the poster too...

Yon gig I mentioned that is happening the night before this lovely IMP night, and the one where you can see Ziggy and Kev from FOUND warm up and where, strangely enough, all of Staccato Set will be in one room, is now taking place at Peacock Visual Arts (June 22nd)

Cracking weekend!

• 3 weeks later...
sadly, Bracken has had to withdraw from the event. Replacement announced soon!

Still be a great night though... FOUND are fab. Have resisted the urge to mention another gig. See how along I can hold out. Hope you will coming along the night before to flyer for your gig.... (oops):up:

some blurb on DtTS...

Down The Tiny Steps are a Glasgow-based sunshine folk outfit who combine sublime acoustics with subtle electronics to create a sound that owes much to the likes of The Beta Band and Beck yet retains a unique and distinct flavour through joyous harmonies and simple songwriting.

The band are breath of distinctly Scottish fresh air and have already gathered praise from a host of local DJs, including Xfm's Mash, Boom Monk Ben and Radio Scotland's Vic Galloway. Over the past 18 months, DtTS have shared bills with King Creosote, My Latest Novel, F.O. Machete, Kid Carpet, and King Biscuit Time, to name but a few fine folks, and will be playing the T-Break Stage at this years T In The Park.

www.myspace.com/downthetinysteps

www.downthetinysteps.co.uk

www.fencerecords.com

So would that mean that in a way Staccato Set are playing?

I'm hoping to make it down to see Found. I also haven't seen them since the T Break heats last year in Edinburgh.

Tupelo Town Ass are more or less SS on steroids with Andy now taking some vocal duties. Great fun! Think Blues Explosion and yer a good way there...

Bumpity bump for Saturday! Last imp gig before the holidays - come wave us off in style... :up:

I would urge everyone to go see Found, ive seen them twice, once upstairs in The Lemon Tree where it sold-out & they recorded their Homespun CD, which is just brilliant. Just a great live unit.

I would urge everyone to go see Found, ive seen them twice, once upstairs in The Lemon Tree where it sold-out & they recorded their Homespun CD, which is just brilliant. Just a great live unit.

Indeed!

Also come see DtTS if you're into a bit of early beta bandish nonsense and Gareth SB for fans of HOOD

In recognition of holiday season Mike will be wearing speedos.

I heard the new Found single on Radio 1 last night, it sounded fantastic & really unlike anything else I have heard, it was improvised, highland vocal accent, poppy, electronic, folky & accessible.

the gig got plugged too, looking forward to seeing them again

:)

Yes i heard it too, sounded very fine indeed, never thought they would do anything as good as Malokian, but i think the new single surpasses it.

Last night as 2/5's of FOUND Ziggy/Kevin played a quite wonderful set @ Peacocks

Found are worth the admission money on their tod. Another beaut 3artist night from IMP.