aberdeen-music

FOUND+Bracken (Anticon)+Gareth S Brown

Interesting Music are proud to present

Found+Bracken+Gareth S Brown

Saturday 23rd June doors 8pm Entry 6

The Tunnels, Aberdeen. Phone 01224 211121

FOUND

Found first came into existence in 2001 when Ziggy Campbell, Tommy Perman and Kev Sim received funding to release an experimental vinyl record entitled the Random Audio Therapy Unit. Ever since then they have been collaborating together and with other artists and musicians on a variety of weird and sometimes wonderful visual art and music projects.

At the beginning of 2005 Ziggy, Kev and Tommy started a live band and enlisted the fine musical talents of Gavin Sutherland. Since then they have been playing gigs all over the UK. In February 2006 FOUND added a fifth member to their ranks . . . Mr Alan Stockdale on drums, percussion and live visual projections.

Together, their frenetic live sets fuse acoustic instruments with live sampling and electronic manipulation. Beats, breaks, live sounds from vocals, guitar, bass, banjo, blow piano and more, FOUND make music that moves from mellow jazz to acid electro welcoming the influence of the blues, hiphop and techno in equal measure. [Matt Bennett Clash Magazine]

In 2005 the PRSFoundation decided to award FOUND the prestigious Live Connections Award to stage a one off multi-media event at the Lemon Tree, Aberdeen. The event was a sell-out success and people even had to be turned away at the door as the venue quickly reached capacity.

http//:www.myspace.com/foundtheband

http//:www.records.surfacepressure.net

BRACKEN (Anticon)

Bracken is a musical project spinning in a loose and ill-defined orbit around founder member Chris Adams. In another life, Chris, along with his brother Richard are known as co-captains of the good ship HOOD. In this latest incarnation we see a side-step/stumble into a puzzling soundworld of future pop, analogue tape trickery, avant drone, loose dub flourishes, hip hop pacing and clattering drums and an album release on Anticon.

http//:www.myspace.com/brackenmusic

http//:www.anticon.com

Gareth S Brown

Gareth S Brown grew up in rural West Yorkshire but moved to inner city Leeds in the mid-nineties. Gareth is a former/current member of HOOD, Canvas, Rauschen, and

The Unpleasants. To cut a long story short he now composes and performs under his own name. His debut album 'Iron Henry' is available now on Misplaced Music.

"A masterclass in modern minimalism....for once we have an album which sits in the modern classical genre tightly enough but is not once predictable. Fans of Colleen, Steve Reich, John Adams and other such uncompromising talents should check this without delay." - Boomkat.com

http//:www.myspace.com/garethsbrown

http//:www.misplacedmusic.co.uk

• 5 weeks later...
;(......

Well I know how you feel, this triple artist line-up, had been in place since

late February, & as far as I was concerned was a fantastic complimentary

line up, then Bracken just pulled the plug.... well gutted, but hey the show

goes on & i'm sure we'll get something really good to replace Bracken....

Whatever FOUND are worth the admission money on their own

Well I know how you feel, this triple artist line-up, had been in place since

late February, & as far as I was concerned was a fantastic complimentary

line up, then Bracken just pulled the plug.... well gutted, but hey the show

goes on & i'm sure we'll get something really good to replace Bracken....

Whatever FOUND are worth the admission money on their own

For any one who's interested it was the drummers fault. It's always the bloody drummer!

For any one who's interested it was the drummers fault. It's always the bloody drummer!

Drummer eh...

Fans of Ziggy Campbell's vocal lilt should get along to Peacock on the Friday. Kev and Ziggy from FOUND will be performing a uniquie one of specially written set based loosely on and around Ziggy's solo material as part of the evenings entertainment at Peacock Visual Arts. Head down and enjoy this as a warm up for the Saturday night. Judging by the change to IMP plans it could prove to be a rather special night as FOUND are known for pulling interesting things out of a hat if need be. Can't wait!

some blurb on DtTS...

Down The Tiny Steps are a Glasgow-based sunshine folk outfit who combine sublime acoustics with subtle electronics to create a sound that owes much to the likes of The Beta Band and Beck yet retains a unique and distinct flavour through joyous harmonies and simple songwriting.

The band are breath of distinctly Scottish fresh air and have already gathered praise from a host of local DJs, including Xfm's Mash, Boom Monk Ben and Radio Scotland's Vic Galloway. Over the past 18 months, DtTS have shared bills with King Creosote, My Latest Novel, F.O. Machete, Kid Carpet, and King Biscuit Time, to name but a few fine folks, and will be playing the T-Break Stage at this years T In The Park.

www.myspace.com/downthetinysteps

www.downthetinysteps.co.uk

www.fencerecords.com

TONIGHT y'all!

:up:

FOUND headline The Tunnels tonight & if the duo's performance at Peacock's Artspace

last night is a marker for their performance as a five piece tonight, the experimental pop chancers are in fantastic form.

Ziggy is probably the best front man in Scotand right now.....

i was lucky enough to be working on the bar this evening!

Found are fucking great! Cant find one flaw...im not kidding!

Never heard of them untill tonight. They didnt even sound cheak - just got up & did it!! And it was right on the spot!

If you like your 'Indie' with a poppy elctro-twinge (Trip-hoppy & folky in places) you should cheak them out!!! For Fans of Beck & The Flaming Lips!

I just have two wee moans:

First - the poster didnt say much about the band - and im not sure if people look at posters now a days but a wee bit about the band could have made a difference to the number of people there to see them...

Second - there was only one support band and he was soooo bad - or maybe just a bit too abstract for the bill..i dunno!!! A couple of good local would have done the trick (someone like Lorenzo Snow Collective - a local support prob would have brought in more people at the door as well!!)...anyway the support did'nae do it for me..

Found = 10/10

Never heard of them untill tonight. They didnt even sound cheak - just got up & did it!! And it was right on the spot!

If you like your 'Indie' with a poppy elctro-twinge (Trip-hoppy & folky in places) you should cheak them out!!! For Fans of Beck & The Flaming Lips!

First - the poster didnt say much about the band - and im not sure if people look at posters now a days but a wee bit about the band could have made a difference to the number of people there to see them...

Second - there was only one support band and he was soooo bad - or maybe just a bit too abstract for the bill..i dunno!!! A couple of good local would have done the trick (someone like Lorenzo Snow Collective - a local support prob would have brought in more people at the door as well!!)...anyway the support did'nae do it for me..

Found = 10/10

And FOUND are a product of Gray's School Of Art, so, hope for you yet Stew :) As much an artist collective as a band so they have all bases covered...

really? thats so cool! i loved them - amazing band!

Class of 2002 (my year)

Ziggy, Sculpture (the best dept)

Kev, Printmaking (sampler dutie's)

Tommy, Painting, (sadly missing last night leaving an ever so slight hole in the band)

A great deal of folks from Gray's 2002 (most of the sculpture dept) are doing real well and working in the arts.

Thought FOUND were great last night but I have to say that Ziggy and Kev's set at Peacock on Friday wins, just... Too much talent! They 'should' and better be big sometime soon and then I'll ask about the my royalty share for my drumming on some of their recordings. As if ;)

Found = 10/10

nice feedback - poster comment noted (although there was heaps on info on this forum, the imp forum, our myspace and the ee did a nice piece on Found)

There were meant to be two supports, but Bracken cancelled a couple of weeks back and then Down The Tiny Steps broke down on the way up from Glasgow - them's the breaks. I thought Gareth was great though, and I'm not sure having a local support is any guarantee of bringing people in. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Glad you enjoyed Found though...

I agree about the (above) 'local support' bit. Makes little difference more often than not when aiming at a particular demographic. Most of the IMP gigs as well as Dizzy Storm gigs (I will say here that I haven't experienced a great deal of other promoters gigs of late so I am in no way referring to them) don't require a local support. Most of those that will attend their gigs do so on a breadth of knowing and understanding of what those promoters offer. I for one know that in attending an IMP or DS gig I will undoubtadely see and hear something that pleases my ear or perlexes and challenges me. Either way I am happy and I don't need a local support to draw me in, and nor should I.