aberdeen-music

Panorama tonight - Scientology

Shaki

does anyone else think l ron hubbard is laughing his ass off that people take scientology so seriously and pay him shitloads of money for it? it was surely started as a prank and has just got way out of hand.

Well he's dead so i don't think he's that bothered. Unless of course you mean he's laughing from afar on the great Mothership in the sky?

does anyone else think l ron hubbard is laughing his ass off that people take scientology so seriously and pay him shitloads of money for it? it was surely started as a prank and has just got way out of hand.

I think the same could be said for all 'religions'. Just because this one is more recent does not make it any any different from older beliefs. You never know, in 2000 years time Scientology could be new Christianity. It is forgotten that when christianity was invented they were probably worse than scientologists because they murdered and killed inoccent people because they didn't believe in the message of Jesus, especially the pagans. They Virtually killed them off. To me, the idea of an alien spaceship is not any more far fetched than a man who can rise from the dead and walk on water. They both sound rediculous to me.

Ciaranx

(the only reason I focused on Christianity was because I don't know enough about other religions to maintain accuracy, no offense intended)

I don't, however, think that documentary was indicative of the behaviour and ideals of all Scientologists though.

Probably not but that Tommy is the figurehead of the cult. Not really a great representation.

After watching that I'm still no surer of what Scientology actually is apart from a bunch of wackos. Still not sure if I'm going to subscribe.

Guest DustyDeviada
The southpark episode on scientology was "educational" in the same way that the tellytubbies is educational, don't be so stupid.

The one on Mormons was very educational. When two Mormons turned up at my door they me told how impressed they were with my knowledge of their religion, all gleaned from that episode.

The one on Mormons was very educational. When two Mormons turned up at my door they me told how impressed they were with my knowledge of their religion, all gleaned from that episode.

Yeah, to be fair, South Park are pretty good at researching their episodes and, as the show has progressed, become very informative with a tongue-in-cheek sensiblity.

Had a look at that today. They are dead against psychiatry (which was the main reason behind the holocaust of course) yet most of this seems like a weird branch of psychiatry as developed by a science fiction author who stated that the best way to make money was to start a religion. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I won't question this any further on an open forum for fear of being hunted down by Tommy and pals.

I think I'll wait to see if Posh and Becks get involved through alleged close friends Tom Cruise and Katy Holmes before committing myself. Any bookies running odds on that?