aberdeen-music

Panorama tonight - Scientology

Shaki

Yeah, the Scientologist guy was a prick that wouldn't let him get a word in.

Fucking cult leader cunt.

Ah, I never saw that bit! :O

Apologies Baldy - yer heid is safe.

Scientologists - mad bastards. You just have to look at Tom Cruise's permanant 1000-yard stare to see the effects of their brainwashing.

Does anyone remember the "Movementarians" in The Simpsons ? Captured the whole cult thing perfectly.

well just watched it pretty scary how the scientology guy just appeared out of the blue whenever the guy was interviewing someone and how they harrassed him during his stay.

glad they kept the loss of temper bit in otherwise his film would have had no integrity.

*EDIT*

i would loved to have given that cunt a smack

I love how the Tommy guy thought he was being a smartass by going on about how it's his right to defend his "religion" and his freedom of speech and how dare the reporter question him... and that the reporter should shut up basiclaly. But oh wait, wasn't the reporter just defending his freedom of speech?

It's awful and immature, the only way they can try and prove their critics wrong is to bring up their past? Well I'm sorry but everyone fucks up, and it shouldnt be held against them when religion is questioned, at the end of the day they still have opinions, regardless of a criminal record, whether they wet themself when they were 5 or if they thought they were gay during their teens.

Did anyone else notice how scary the celebrity stares were? It was like there wasn't anything going on inside, they were just blank, cold stares. And why were they all female? Hmm... trying to make the reporter stop his interviews because a pretty girl bats their eyelashes?

Yeah, well they can say its not a cult all they like, but it's cults who seperate families and follow the people who leave the "religion" or criticise them.

GRR THAT TOMMY GUY -I'd have blow up at him so much earlier :swearing:

Ah, I never saw that bit! :O

Apologies Baldy - yer heid is safe.

Scientologists - mad bastards. You just have to look at Tom Cruise's permanant 1000-yard stare to see the effects of their brainwashing.

Tom cruise and the like are the rich donors and get special treatment (they are specifically targeted), the really sad stories are from the people who get suckered into it from the bottom level, there is a book available on the net about the experiences of one young woman who got sucked in and it's totally shocking.

Anyone visisted the scientologist church in edinburgh?

Did anyone else notice how scary the celebrity stares were? It was like there wasn't anything going on inside, they were just blank, cold stares.

Part of the "training" invovles sitting opposite a partner and reacting in no way to

anything they do, such as insulting you, pretending to hit you etc, and this goes on for hours at a time. If you flinch or react otherwise, the exercise starts again. This is where the "stare" comes from.

I love how the Tommy guy thought he was being a smartass by going on about how it's his right to defend his "religion" and his freedom of speech and how dare the reporter question him... and that the reporter should shut up basiclaly. But oh wait, wasn't the reporter just defending his freedom of speech?

Also, as soon as he had finished his pre prepared argument. He walked away. Thats good debating that is.... ?(

Also, as soon as he had finished his pre prepared argument. He walked away. Thats good debating that is.... ?(

Yeah,it was basically a "well I've rammed my beliefs down your throat, I'm not staying to hear yours".

Strange how it's those with money that are the highest level of Scientologists... Oh wait, silly me, no it's not, because you have to put money INTO it...

Most just seemed to praise it because it's helped them get somewhere, and benefited their career somehow.

I missed the first part of the documentary so I must have missed that information, or did you know that regardless?

No, I haven't been and I don't think it's something I'd like to experience.

NAh i don't know if it was in the docu I haven't downloaded it yet.

The Road to Xenu is a hugely revealing book, it's quite scary.

Operation Clambake - The Inner Secrets Of Scientology has a lot of related info

I'd like to go down to the "church" in edinburgh just to see what the hell they are up to and what crap they would come out with.

Aah right, well as I said, I missed the beginning.

It'd be interesting, yeah. But I don't do well with people ramming their opinions down my throat, I just get sarcastic and peeved off (immature response, I know) so I'd end up with half the place following me home :down:

I was seriously quite disgusted by the whole thing.

I mean, I despise most ideas of religions, but that was just fucking hurrendous, and yes, I can completely see why he blew up in Tommy's face, cos I would have done it a FUCK LOAD earlier on than that. In fact I probably would have hit him.

Scientology seriously needs to be destroyed. And I don't care if that sounds fascist of me, cos it is no more than a sadistic lying cult.

I went into a Scientology church in Adelaide when i was bored one day and had a chat with someone, who i guess was just a lower level member or whatever. He was a nice guy and although i didn't agree with half of what he was saying and told him that, he was very respectful of my opinion and wasn't confrontational or defensive when i questioned him. I've read all the stuff that Stripey posted links too before and i agree they have some strange and downright ludicrous practices.

I don't, however, think that documentary was indicative of the behaviour and ideals of all Scientologists though.

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, the most shocking thing about this for me was finding out that Juliette Lewis is a fucking Scientologist.

Gone right off her.

And anyway, surely everything you need to know about this "religion" was in that South Park episode.