aberdeen-music

John Zorn

Fast Caz

I shall do so min.

speaking of Yamantaki Eye

I have various single mp3's of the boredoms stuff and i want more what albums should i get , im wanting the most abstract surreal noise rock !

apparently the r3d one is the best one. They released a few albums and I always remember hearing that the 3rd one is the best.

Seriously cant remember what its called though.

x

Guest Phantomsmasher

I like a lot of Zorn's works, but he does seem to have a tendancy to slope into over self indulgence with some of the solo albums I've heard.

Boredoms on the other hand, I really can't think of much that EYE touches which isn't worth a listen. Hanatarashi is completly is mental. Tractor meets wall noise.

Guest Phantomsmasher
oh aye forgot about that....mental indeed, mini digger v's night club

The look on the audience's faces when it breaks through the wall is priceless, horror, shock and confusion all rolled in one.

Guest Donald
I shall do so min.

speaking of Yamantaki Eye

I have various single mp3's of the boredoms stuff and i want more what albums should i get , im wanting the most abstract surreal noise rock !

Then you probably want -

Onanie Bomb meets the Sex Pistols

Soul Discharge (Brutal Truth covered a song off this)

Chocolate Synthesizer

The early stuff was very weird, noisy and kind of hardcore in a demented way. Later stuff like Vision Creation Newsun and Super AE are much more like driving Krautrock (Harmonia, Neu etc)

I made a video for "one eyed pessary" by Painkiller a while back , got the thumbs up from Mick Harris, so I put it up on youTube

I love Zorn, but it is hard to say which bits I like, as he's got so many outlets for his creativity...

Welcome to Tzadik

tzadik, of course, is a fine place to start (be cause he owns the label), but, it's also helpful to check out his influences and pals.

I heard that the new painkiller had Patton + mFilip & kurt Gluck (old friends of mine, when I was involved in "collision substance" an alternative / electronic record label)

Kurt 'Submerged' Gluck || DOWNTOWNMUSIC.NET || photo gallery || Painkiller vs Method of Defiance, Tonic, January 1, 2006 || Picture #03

(kurt and mark are the dudes on the laptops)