aberdeen-music

Best two-piece bands

Guest Tam o' Shantie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Glad to see Godstomper and Active Minds have been mentioned. If you're of a noisier persuasion, check out Germany's Bizarre X. Also, Satanic Malfunctions were a great 2-piece. Very much sounding like Active Minds, they put out a few sev's and a storming LP, "Hellbound" back in the late '80's before getting involved in the acid/rave scene. Stu also ran Revoltation Records back in the day, releasing amazing stuff by bands like Mob 47 and Confuse and pretty much being the first guy in the UK to release stuff from the strong Scandinavian and Japanese HC scenes that were going in the mid-'80's.

The only one I can think of right now is The White Stripes. I was watching the Live in Blackpool DVD the other day, she's quite a simle drummer, but Jack's guitar skills, vocals and piano parts are amazing and make them sound really good. I think my favourite album has to be Elephant, with songs like Black Math and The Hardest Button to Button. I love it!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Iron Lung and the Process play with Atomgevitter in Edinburgh a week on Sunday if anyone with a motor fancies driving (Floortom? Bolzn?) then get in touch and we'll sort a northern posse together!

Could I tag along to this? Will happily chip in petrol money.