aberdeen-music

Systematic Chaos

Fast Caz

:up: :up: :up:

Forget the song that was available to download

I had to download the album due to my lack of patience and im glad i did.

In the presence of my enemies pt 1 is an godsend for people who love over indulgent instrumentals.

It has everything a DT fan wants even a few bass interludes.

Petrucci has went for a Lifesonesque tone whilst retaining all the melodious fret wankery we all know and love.

I could go on .....

Portnoy has found the death growl HAHAHAHAHA

Guest b-bert

Overall i'm not too impressed. There are some bits i really like (the middle bit of dark eternal night) but some i am not so keen on. Maybe it will grow on me with few more listens.

• 4 weeks later...

Great album in my opinion! :up:

While "Train of Thought" and "Octavarium" (both of which I really enjoyed) had their own vibe - more metal and more prog, respectively - "Systematic Chaos" showcases, to my mind, all the different facets of the band's sound. Brilliantly so.

The two parts of "In The Presence Of Enemies" have great instrumental moments, but also some really original melodies for DT, definately something a bit different going on this time round. "Forsaken" is certainly a guilt pleasure, since it sounds like Evanesance with an awesome guitar part, and I personally really enjoyed "Repentence", especially the fuzz bass/mellow guitar interaction in the second half of the track. That said, not a weak track on the album, though some are obviously a lot better than others. The riff from the end of "Dark Eternal Night" still blows me away!

If you're a DT fan, get it bought! If not, it mind be the album that converts you.

Great album in my opinion! :up:

While "Train of Thought" and "Octavarium" (both of which I really enjoyed) had their own vibe - more metal and more prog, respectively - "Systematic Chaos" showcases, to my mind, all the different facets of the band's sound. Brilliantly so.

The two parts of "In The Presence Of Enemies" have great instrumental moments, but also some really original melodies for DT, definately something a bit different going on this time round. "Forsaken" is certainly a guilt pleasure, since it sounds like Evanesance with an awesome guitar part, and I personally really enjoyed "Repentence", especially the fuzz bass/mellow guitar interaction in the second half of the track. That said, not a weak track on the album, though some are obviously a lot better than others. The riff from the end of "Dark Eternal Night" still blows me away!

If you're a DT fan, get it bought! If not, it mind be the album that converts you.

Agreed. I really enjoyed this one. Images and Words is still my fave DT album tho.....

Sadly i missed download. must get to Glasgow in October :up: