aberdeen-music

the west ham fiasco....

delboy

what you making of all this business of clubs threatening to sue west ham/the FA over the tevez affair????

to be fair they have a point - other clubs in the lower leagues have been docked points for fielding an ineligable player but in west hams defence the dodgy dealings were done under the previous regime.

reckon this is gonna rumble on and on and on....

and i bet man poo would be sticking their ore in if they needed a win against the hammers on saturday to clinch the title!!!

Christ, it was public knowledge that West Ham didn't hold full registration for those two from the moment they were signed so the FA or whoever should've told West Ham that they couldn't sign the players under those circumstances or refused to register their details. It was reported in the media on numerous occasions. I bet Man Utd are happy as they'd've been in a similar position because they were offered the same deal that West Ham got but turned it down. Seriously though who gives a shit, they got a 5.5m slap on the wrist which i judge as fair to be honest.

I agree with Dave though, if there's going to be points deductions for dodgy dealings/going into administration etc they should be done at the start of the next season not mid season or at the end of a season.

as usual with the FA the rules and penalties aren't clear. they only have themselves to blame that the whole thing is such a fiasco. but i can see the point as to why the other teams are crying because the there's nothing to stop teams playing an ineligable player without the correct paperwork and then paying a fine later on.

its like the administration thing - cambridge did exactly the same as leeds two seasons ago went into admin when relegation was confirmed and took the 10 point penalty before the end of the season.

Now that we know who has survived... well. Most of them. There may be a lengthy court case for Sheffield Utd and West Ham.

BUT, the bit i'm quite interested in is. Who is going to snap up the bargain that should be Darren Bent? Proven goalscorer, for a knock down price.

It's exactly what I did on Football Manager 07. Waited for Charlton to go down and bought Bent for 4 million quid. 100+ goals in 3 and a quarter seasons. Nae bad!! :up:

this is set to rumble on and on - apparently some other unamed premiershit clubs are backing it and middlesboro have pledged their support but arent proceeding with the legal thing.

i think they should just accept the FA's decision and get on with it, saw an interview with a sports lawyer who reckoned they have very little chance of succeeding anyways

One rule for the Premiership, another for the lower leagues as usual. The FA really need to grow a pair of bollocks, ANY other league in the world would have deducted 10 points straight away.

Reminds me of the Hassan Kachoul/Bastard Franchise Scum saga.....

AFC Wimbledon were deducted a whacking 18 points earlier this season (reduced to 3 on appeal) for fielding an ineligable player.

FA Trophy: Expelled from competition. After beating Conference side Gravesend & Northfleet 1-0 in a fourth round match, the club was charged by the Football Association with fielding an ineligible player, Jermaine Darlington. On 25 January 2007, a disciplinary hearing decided that the club was to be expelled from the competition and was also ordered to pay back the 7000 in prize money that it had won. Gravesend & Northfleet were subsequently reinstated into the competition. For the same offence, AFC Wimbledon also received an 18 point penalty deduction and 400 fine from the Isthmian League.[6] However, after an appeal by the club against the deduction on March 26, the F.A reduced the punishment to three points and 400, admitting themselves that the penalty imposed was "excessive".

in season 05/06 Altringham were deducted 18 points (not reduced on appeal) for the same offence...

"In the 2005-06 season Altrincham finished 18th in the Conference, outside of the relegation zone. However, they were found to have fielded an ineligible player for 15 matches, during which he scored 6 goals. This led to an 18 point deduction which saw them finish in bottom place. An appeal to the FA on May 23 failed, which meant that Altrincham finished in bottom place. However, with Canvey Island resigning from the league and Scarborough suffering a total points deduction for an as yet undeclared breach of the league's rules, Altrincham remained in the Conference"

and Bury were thrown out the FA cup recently for the same offence and ordered to pay back their winnings.

deffo one rule for west ham and different rules for everyone else! i think the FA bottled it meself.

Guest Bob Double Jack

over the course of the season, west ham were the better team, and deserved to stay up. Tevez hardly played the 1st half of the season, Sheffield Utd should shut up and accept that they were not good enough over the course of the season. 5.5 mill is a hefty fine, and it should be left at that.

Fulham and Charltons backing for the court case went very quite once they were assured safety and relegation respectively, didn't it?