aberdeen-music

Nikon D70S DSLR for sale

Red Neck Man

Hi,

I've just upgraded to a D200 DSLR and am now selling on my D70S body only. It comes with two batteries and is boxed with instructions, neck strap, discs etc. Condition is as new - not a mark on it!

I'm willing to part with it for about 380 so if anyone is interested, please PM me.

Cheers,

Craig.

EDIT: I'd prefer to sell it locally as I find the likes of Ebay a bit of a pain in the arse.

*I'll also throw in a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB CF card*

I'm curious.

Are you in a rush to sell this?

My birthday is in a few weeks and I was planning on spending 350-400 on a DSLR.

:love:

Thanks for the PM. As I say, no mad rush as I've just bought the D200 so it's not like I'm stuck without a camera. But obviously the sooner the better.

Cheers,

Craig.

Hey people! :-)

I'm a n00b at cameras but anyway, what do you prefer better, Canon Cameras Or Nikon? :/ And why? I'm not a professional photographer like you, but I'm just curious :-)

I do like photography, but I'm nae good =]]] got a canon powershot s3....

Dya know where i could get a fish aye for it or a 'wide screen' adapter if thats the correct name for it

Hi,

As far as the Nikon/Canon debate goes, it's pretty much personal choice. I prefer Nikon purely on the handling of the camera itself. It's not a question of quality or reliability or performance as both brands are (in my opinion) on a complete par. I would however say that Canon seem to (at the moment at least) have the slight edge as far as optics go. In that they have a seemingly wider range of focal lengths. But again, it's negligable.

As far as your camera goes, you can get a wide angle attachement for it, but you need a lens adaptor to make it fit to your camera. The adaptor basically gives you a thread size which enables you yo screw in the wide angle (or telephoto) converter.

Cheers,

Craig.

Ok, I think what you do is replace that ring with the adapter because basically the wide angle lens has to sit in front of the actual camera lens, so the adapter needs to be flush with the fully extended lens of the camera - if you follow me.

That's how it works with the S2IS etc etc anyways.

Could be wrong though :gringo: 8-)

Well yeah , you're right probably. Thanks for information :-) Hehe, in the future probably it would be fun to get wide angle lens and adapter when I'll have some spare money.

Do you know how much that kind things costs? Roughly*

The adapter you can grab for about 20 and the lenses themselves are about 100 - at least they are at Jessops. You can no doubt get them cheaper though.

The adapter you can grab for about 20 and the lenses themselves are about 100 - at least they are at Jessops. You can no doubt get them cheaper though.

Hehe probably, I'd look for the cheapest place. I paid i think around 240 quid or 230 for the camera, couldn't be arsed paying 350 quid for it in local shops :]

Is that you in the picture?

Smells like 80's hair style!

Well yeah , you're right probably. Thanks for information :-) Hehe, in the future probably it would be fun to get wide angle lens and adapter when I'll have some spare money.

Do you know how much that kind things costs? Roughly*

Get it dude - you'll love the results! You've got a cracking camera there, so use it to the max!

I use a Canon G6 at work for site work and with the wide angle lens it really is lovely stuff. You just wheek off the ring and replace it with a converter which the lens goes onto. It's simple.

I think in your case it may obstruct your optical viewfinder, which is a blow. It's the same on mine. You may also find that it covers your on board flash, which would require you to get a hold of a hot shoe flash - mair expense :down: It's worth checking all this out if you do decide to invest.

You can get some wicked effects with the wide angle or use the lens correction feature in Photoshop to get cracking wide angle shots with no distortion.

Nice camera you've upgraded to, Craig. I like it a lot!

Thanks Marsh,

I wish I had the money, after I moved from Ballater to Aberdeen, I don't have a job anymore so... Can't afford that kind stuff :-)

About the flash, I wouldn't say that it would be useful with wide angle lens, anyway at day time you don't need, at night time you don't need it either (if talking about landscapes not pictures at home)

ive eventually saved up enough for a nice dslr, i think i'll probably go for the eos 400d, because it's a nice, but fairly easy to use camera!

it's a fine choice. probably the best value slr on the market and perfect for amateurs. great time to buy just now as canon are doing 50 cashback on it.

the d70s is a great camera as well, anyone looking to get into photography using dslr's could do a lot worse at the price craig is asking for his. tis a good deal.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey people! :-)

I'm a n00b at cameras but anyway, what do you prefer better, Canon Cameras Or Nikon? :/ And why? I'm not a professional photographer like you, but I'm just curious :-)

I do like photography, but I'm nae good =]]] got a canon powershot s3....

Dya know where i could get a fish aye for it or a 'wide screen' adapter if thats the correct name for it

Both are good and both provide excellent value for money SLR's for beginner's/ semi pro's. For pro's, IMHO, Canon have always been ahead although we shall see what the next couple of years bring, it could change.

• 3 weeks later...