aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
trinitynscotland

Madeleine's Family Send Out Email Poster

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i am absolutely appaled the way this case has turned into a media circus and like jake i too am beginning to hate Kate McCann with a passion. going to see the pope? wtf!!!

Word has it she's turning Buddhist next week, she heard the Dalai Lama's got a spare 5 minutes.........

You can speculate, but you're only reading what the media is throwing at you.

I find it hard to believe that the girls family are actually publicity seeking monsters o_O

They absolutely are seeking publicity - that's the whole point. Their theory is that the child will only be found if as many people as possible know that she is missing, and know what she looks like. The fact is that Ben Needham may well have been seen by thousands of people without them knowing it. The McCanns just want to make sure that doesn't happen. What we're getting from the media is exactly what the McCanns - or rather their PR people - want the media to report. They have the tour company's top PR person, as well as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's media liaison officer on board to get as much press as they possibly can. I don't think they're necessarily seeking attention for themselves, it's their strategy to try and get their daughter back.

Not defending them too much though - they've obviously taken it way too far now. They simply don't deserve the kind of assistance that they're getting. As others have said, children go missing all the time - usually through no fault of the parents - but no-one else gets this kind of fuss made. It's pretty much time for them to accept that their daughter may be gone forever, to a large extent it's their own fault, and just try to live with that as best they can. The rest of the world have done more than enough to help them correct their mistake, we need to move on to more deserving causes.

You can speculate, but you're only reading what the media is throwing at you.

I find it hard to believe that the girls family are actually publicity seeking monsters o_O

Im not Mother but hypothetically if I had several children and lost one Id be spending as much time as physically possible with my other children. I thought it was odd from the start that you barely see them with their other children (who are still very young) with the exception of one or two occasion at the start of the campaign. I think they are enjoying the spotlight a little too much.

I recall watching an interview them last week and the following quote turned my stomach, If wed been in the next room wed be feeling as guilty. Clearly they are completely oblivious to the fact they have 1) Completely neglected their child 2) Potentially broken the law by leaving very young children completely unsupervised. If a working class single mother had done this the media would be screaming, neglect and shed be up in court.

I’m not Mother but hypothetically… if I had several children and lost one I’d be spending as much time as physically possible with my other children. I thought it was odd from the start that you barely see them with their other children (who are still very young) with the exception of one or two occasion at the start of the campaign. I think they are enjoying the spotlight a little too much.

I recall watching an interview them last week and the following quote turned my stomach, “If we’d been in the next room we’d be feeling as guilty”. Clearly they are completely oblivious to the fact they have 1) Completely neglected their child 2) Potentially broken the law by leaving very young children completely unsupervised. If a working class single mother had done this the media would be screaming, “neglect” and she’d be up in court.

Anyone remember Terry Waite?

It was the same deal with him.

Hostage for 5 years (I think?) and on release did he go straight to his family?

Did he fuck!

Press conference after press conference after chat show after interview. I think it was DAYS before he was actually physically reunited with his family.

And what a pompous are he was in public too.

It is sad though, that this couple have suffered the worst possble thing to happen to a parent - the loss of a child - and seem somehow to have got seduced by the media glare and attention in the same manner which all those pathetic Big Brother/Reality/Game Show morons have - and as a result, are turning the rest of us off.

Shame.

I agree with what Frosty said. They are correctly trying to get publicity but are taking it too far.

The McCann "blog" gives a day to day account of what they are up to. His wife goes running etc etc. I dont know how she can try and maintain a normal life, I would be puking with worry.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
The McCann "blog" gives a day to day account of what they are up to. His wife goes running etc etc. I dont know how she can try and maintain a normal life, I would be puking with worry.

What? She goes running? Good for her, I'm fucking delighted for her. This woman grows more vile by the minute.

This woman grows more vile by the minute.

EH?

Yeah ok, they fucked up, but don't you think they realise that themselves?

And don't you think they'll live everyday for the rest of their lives regretting what happened?

Paedophile resorts? :laughing:

There are places abroad where paedophiles can go to buy nights with children :down:.

I don't know if thats what the poster meant by paedophile resorts or not though (rather than just regular old family resorts).

Guest bluesxman

They lost one child. And then left the other 2 behind to go meet the fucking Pope. In a private jet. They couldn't have taken the kids with them? There is something very weird about that couple and i'm sick of seeing them in the paper every day. I feel sorry for the wee girl but they are really fucking annoying me now.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

anyone else think that there is something very sinister underlying this whole situation (aside of the fact that an infant has been kidnapped)...that we're not getting the whole story?

Maybe I have a bad memory, but when was the last time a black/asian child went missing and attracted significant media attention?

Last week, around London, a 20-something year old was kidnapped, missing for six days and found dead 2 days ago, she made it to the 5th / 6th page of most newspapers.

anyone else think that there is something very sinister underlying this whole situation (aside of the fact that an infant has been kidnapped)...that we're not getting the whole story?

I completely agree, something hasn't been adding up about this whole thing - the minute they started appealling for money to pay lots of expensive solicitors was when something really started to sound suspicious. The parents reaction is also bloody odd - swanning off throughout Europe, without the two kids left? What kind of self respecting parent would ever leave their kids alone for a minute after such a thing happened?

Is it possible that they're staying out in Portugal as long as possible as they know questions will get asked here?

Having said that, a lot of the questions could be answered by them simply not having a clue.

Last week, around London, a 20-something year old was kidnapped, missing for six days and found dead 2 days ago, she made it to the 5th / 6th page of most newspapers.

20something is hardly a missing child, but interesting you say they turned up dead.

Perhaps I should rephrase.

When was the last time a black/asian child was featured prominently in the media because they had gone missing, not because they had been murdered?

It's a horrific thing to happen to any parent and any child, but my main issue is the fact that an unbelivable amount of children in countries like India go missing daily, yet very little is done. As Thomas said, you've got to question, had it been a British child from say a Muslim or Middle-Eastern background, would there be the same degree of public support going on, unfortunately I think the answer is no.

It brings to mind the line from that Scroobius Pip song, "Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-english speaking countries, as to those that occur in english speaking countries".