aberdeen-music

Madeleine's Family Send Out Email Poster

Updated: 14:16, Wednesday May 09, 2007

The family of missing Madeleine McCann have drawn up a poster to circulate in a chain email to help find the three-year-old.

1533518.jpg

The 'e-poster' has been composed by Madeleine's aunt, Philomena McCann.

Ms McCann is the sister of Gerry McCann, Maddie's father, and lives in Scotland.

She told Sky News: "If people can help us get Madeleine back that's great. We need to get her back. We must find her. It's not an option to lose her.

"The whole family need her here. We all love children. Gerry and Kate (Madeleine's parents) have devoted their lives to helping others."

PLEASE USE ALL OF THE ABOVE AND SEND TO YOUR CONTACTS AND ASK TO KEEP THE CHAIN GOING UNTIL MADELEINE IS FOUND.

Here is the link to where the information is based:

Sky News - 'Cracker' Experts In Hunt For Maddie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman

After recently becoming a father myself, I find the concept of leaving kids alone in a hotel room abroad whilst the parents eat in a restaurant slightly strange. I saw folk being interviewed on the news the other day talking as if it was the most natural thing in the world to do and perhaps it used to be, but given the high profile of the paedophile networks these days, you would think folk would be less naive. Maybe it's just the way I think but my son wouldn't be left alone, sleeping or not.

Leaving aside the security aspect, even if I knew those kids were totally safe I wouldn't leave them out of earshot for that long. They say they were checking them every half-hour - what would happen if one of the babies just woke up and started crying? I wouldn't be happy leaving a baby crying for potentially half an hour. Bear in mind the resort has a baby minding service which they refused. They were in a large group - why couldn't they have even taken it in turns every 20 mins or so to sit with the kids before returning to the table?

Obviously everyone is horrified at what they're going through, but if the child had been found quickly the questions would certainly have been asked. There's a real feeling that they're going through enough just now without added public criticism, but that doesn't change the fact that they probably shouldn't have done what they did.

Another thought - would public criticism have been fiercer if they weren't wealthy middle-class Doctors?

Indeed, you would think they would have the common sense not leave their kids by themselves.

I agree.

The thing is the family claimed that they were within hearing distance of the room. However in an interview with a Sunday paper another family staying there at the same time said that the restaurant they were eating in it had quite load music. So even is their child had been crying then there was no way the family could have heard them. It just seems that the parents really took there finger off the pulse on this one. One of them should have stayed with their child. OR. Use the child care service provided!

I agree.

The thing is the family claimed that they were within hearing distance of the room. However in an interview with a Sunday paper another family staying there at the same time said that the restaurant they were eating in it had quite load music. So even is their child had been crying then there was no way the family could have heard them. It just seems that the parents really took there finger off the pulse on this one. One of them should have stayed with their child. OR. Use the child care service provided!

I agree. I've been on heaps of holidays when my daughter was young and we always had her with us when at dinner... even if she fell asleep in her pushchair we didn't leave her 'home alone'. I wouldn't leave her alone here in the UK, but certainly not when in a foreign country... its just plain bad judgment to do so.

I do wonder if the child is found dead, will the parents be charge with neglect? I heard rumors of it circulating from my Portuguese friend, as there is a law on it in Portugal.

To me, making a bad decision like they did, and having this happen... is punishment enough. I don't think anyone in their position would ever relax their laurels whilst on holiday after this case. Guess if anything comes from this... those that weren't watching their lil kiddies while on holiday, will now.

Guest bluesxman

I saw a layout of the resort in the paper the other day which pointed out the restaurant location in comparison to the room. Hearing distance my arse.

I think I would be reluctant to use the child minding service in a foreign country, I mean, how much can you really know about the people involved. Self-catering holiday when with kids would seem sensible. OK, it's maybe not so much of a holiday, but hey, that's having kids for you. I've pretty much written of holidays abroad for the next couple of years. Not that I used to go anywhere anyway.

Frankly right now I'd imagine her parents are feeling guilty enough about it without the whole world wagging their finger saying what to me amounts to "you deserved your child to get abducted".

By all accounts this creep came in through a window, if the apartment was large enough for possibly sound not to carry, what makes you think that it wouldn't have happened anyway whilst the family members were in another room? I'm not saying that leaving their kids alone in the apartment was a smart thing, but not everything's black and white.

I hate to say it, but I really agree with Hog, with the lack of any sort of results thus far (that have been reported) I'd say any hopes of finding the wee girl alive are fading fast - assuming there were any in the first place. :(

I saw a layout of the resort in the paper the other day which pointed out the restaurant location in comparison to the room. Hearing distance my arse.

I think I would be reluctant to use the child minding service in a foreign country, I mean, how much can you really know about the people involved. Self-catering holiday when with kids would seem sensible. OK, it's maybe not so much of a holiday, but hey, that's having kids for you. I've pretty much written of holidays abroad for the next couple of years. Not that I used to go anywhere anyway.

yea I saw that too... 100m away.. and not totally in direct line of sight. I too never used child minding services for the reasons you stated.. you just don't know about the people involved and Im aware they aren't vetted by police, so another no no. Its possible to go on holiday with children, its just that you won't be going out on the tiles every nite nor pullin up at 6am to your room, but all the same you can have a brill holiday.8-)

Anyone finding the way they are dealing with this there totally out of hand?

This law as I understand, protects the perp more than assist the victim.

Guest DustyDeviada
This law as I understand, protects the perp more than assist the victim.

You sound like Dirty Harry.

It's a terrible case and I hope she is found safe and well, but in the cold light of day they are seriously bad parents, end of story. They made a mistake and they don't deserve an outcome like this, but seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?

Guest bluesxman
Frankly right now I'd imagine her parents are feeling guilty enough about it without the whole world wagging their finger saying what to me amounts to "you deserved your child to get abducted".

By all accounts this creep came in through a window, if the apartment was large enough for possibly sound not to carry, what makes you think that it wouldn't have happened anyway whilst the family members were in another room? I'm not saying that leaving their kids alone in the apartment was a smart thing, but not everything's black and white.

No-one's saying they deserved it (at least I'm certainly not), it's just sad to see people doing something which seems totally ridiculous and paying for it in the worst possible way. I'm sure they will always wonder why they took such a liberty with their child's welfare.

You are correct in that it is possible it could have happened if they were in the apartment but I can imagine whoever took the girl specifically targeted her for whatever reason and took the opportunity of the parents being out of the room to make their move.

You read so much about kids managing to accidentally hang themselves and so on in a house when parents are there, it just seems so bizarre to leave such young kids alone regardless of the abduction angle.

You sound like Dirty Harry.

It's a terrible case and I hope she is found safe and well, but in the cold light of day they are seriously bad parents, end of story. They made a mistake and they don't deserve an outcome like this, but seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?

:] Dirty Harry.. lol

No idea, guess being on holiday can be to blame... relaxing your standards? Who knows.

Heard the Portuguese will not be prosecuting. Wonder why.

Up until I was into my teens I was never left without some sort of supervision - this is even considering the crime level of the area I grew up in was zip. If my parents went out to dinner a family friend came to babysit. If my parents were out for a full day my brother and I would either go to a friends or someone would come round. I could only play in the fields within site of my house and I could only cycle as far up the road as the view from our upstairs window would allow. It remained that way until my older brother (3 years my senior) was old enough to keep an eye out for me.

When I was very young I slept with my door open and my parents slept with their door open - they were across the hall - so they could hear anything going on in my brother's room or my own. To me... that's all normal. My parents weren't particularly OTT, they just took sensible measures to make sure they knew where we were and that we were safe at all times (as I assume any parent would).

The idea of leaving such a small infant alone is insanity in my eyes. I just can't understand it.

I'm with you on this - although no-one deserves this kind of trauma.

I wouldn't leave my daughter (9) unattended and the one time I took my eye off the ball, I almost came a cropper.

Last July when Amy was 8, we went to London for a few days. On the Sunday morning, fairly early, we got off the tube at Leicester Square and I was absolutely bursting for a wazz. I went to the public toilets in the Square. I told Amy to wait just outside the Gents, which was down a flight of stairs.

I was no more than 90 seconds (inc handwash!) and when I come out, she was with two huge security guards who were looking daggers at me, bawling her wee eyes out.

Apparently this guy had said to her "You can't go in there little girl" (meaning the toilets). She panicked and the security guards stepped in. I cornered the terrified guy who was adamant that his actions were entirely innocent and the guards, who had witnessed the whole thing agreed.

All this in 90 seconds. It was a while before I could sleep through the night and I still feel like the irresponsible cunt that I was.

I can only begin to imagine how this wee toots parent feel.

I'm with you on this - although no-one deserves this kind of trauma.

I wouldn't leave my daughter (9) unattended and the one time I took my eye off the ball, I almost came a cropper.

Last July when Amy was 8, we went to London for a few days. On the Sunday morning, fairly early, we got off the tube at Leicester Square and I was absolutely bursting for a wazz. I went to the public toilets in the Square. I told Amy to wait just outside the Gents, which was down a flight of stairs.

I was no more than 90 seconds (inc handwash!) and when I come out, she was with two huge security guards who were looking daggers at me, bawling her wee eyes out.

Apparently this guy had said to her "You can't go in there little girl" (meaning the toilets). She panicked and the security guards stepped in. I cornered the terrified guy who was adamant that his actions were entirely innocent and the guards, who had witnessed the whole thing agreed.

All this in 90 seconds. It was a while before I could sleep through the night and I still feel like the irresponsible cunt that I was.

I can only begin to imagine how this wee toots parent feel.

Your right about time...

I was in Greece on holiday, and was crossing a quiet road in the quiet side of town of Kos. My daughter, foster daughter and a little Greek girl from the local tavern.. were following me, I turned to tell the guy at the restaurant how many seats I needed, and it happened... screech of tires and screams... my daughter was run over. She was 5 at this time.

A local who lived at the bottom of the road, came pelleting up the road, and as it was a blind corner... didn't see my daughter as she was going into the resturant. My foster daughter said, my wee girl turned to see what the noise coming up the road was & let go of her hand, and slipped on the gravel road... and that is when the car ran her over... but thankfully it was only her foot. No breaks, just a deep graze that left loads of grit and small bits of gravel embedded.

90 seconds is not that long... in a blink of a eye so much can happen and there are so many variables... guy driving fast up dark quiet road, my attention taken away for a second, daughter's curiosity pipped.....

I experienced that time warp in the worst nightmare fashion and that night for many nites after, the sound of screeching tires gives me the chills. You go over and over it in your head. But fact is... you can't predict the future and even if totally aware 99% of the time, its that 1% time that can feck you up. lol

The guy who hit her gave us a high speed lift to the hospital, paid the hospital bill and too for the antibiotics for her foot. Next day.. a road crew were out to tarmac that bit of quiet road and the Greek guy who hit her, sent us daily meals, just about fell over backwards to help. I really felt for him... he learned something the hard way... just like me.

I learned two things that nite... life can change in a split second and forgiveness of yourself and others is important for that learning curve to sink in.

I dont think she is going to be found alive. People steal kids for a reason and usually its a very sick reason. Her family must be going through hell.

True. I say she's almost definetely dead. If not, then it's probably something worse.

Leaving her alone in the house was at best naive, at worst utterly stupid and irresponsible. They must be wracked with guilt though.

True. I say she's almost definetely dead. If not, then it's probably something worse.

Leaving her alone in the house was at best naive, at worst utterly stupid and irresponsible. They must be wracked with guilt though.

I think you might be right... awful to say but its worrying when no one has come forward to try to claim the huge reward amount.

And with the latest suspect, well who can tell... but still no lil girl.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

17 days now, let's face facts, she's not going to be found alive.

I can't help feeling her parents have been indirectly responsible if she is found dead. They seem to have quickly got a taste for publicity, launched this campaign which is getting to saturation point and whoever nabbed her has very likely panicked and killed her. Cue a wave of recreational grief if she is found dead.

by all accounts the hotel service they refused was pretty much the same as what they were doing themselves, a member of staff would check on them every half hour. The fact that the hotel has such a service indicates that they are hardly the first couple to leave their kids unattended at the hotel. Anyway all that seems besides the point just now.

The huge amount of public and media attention has been quite suprising. It's one of these cases, which are becomming more and more common, where it feels like everyone must display a high level of sadness or be shunned.

I read the other day that the amount of money put up by celebrities has already passed the annual budget of the missing childrens helpline which constantly does what everyone is hoping to see with Madeline McCann, reunite a lost child with her parents. Surely Wayne Rooney's and J K Rowling's money could be put ot better use?

Seeing people on vrious television shows wearing these yellow ribbons only makes me think that they are jumping on a media bandwagon rather than raising awareness. If there is anyone left in the UK who doesn't know about Madeline McCann I'd be suprised.

The most annoying thing about this is had Madeleine's parents not been middle class and doctors, but instead a single female parent leaving her kids for a night on the lash - THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN MEDIA UPROAR.

People leave kids unattended all the time, and like someone said standards are relaxed on holiday. I'm no parent, but I'd never leave a fucking three year old on her own.. maybe a seven year old or something. And they've got younger twins aswell haven't they!?

Like I say, its only because they're doctors.