aberdeen-music

DiZZY SToRM Records

Dizzy Storm

yep, there has been a lack of gigs recently in the DiZZY camp but i havent been altogether redundant....in the next few weeks you will be able to purchase the first release on DiZZY SToRM Records... :)

this first release will be a limited split 7" single in conjunction with MIDMARCH RECORDS in brighton featuring 2 major heavyweights of the scottish music scene...DESALVO & TAKE A WORM FOR A WALK WEEK

Desalvo track featured GET BLACK and Worm tracks SIDE EFFECT & 25 SECONDS OF POSITIVE

awesome artwork by NAT DAMN of DAMM DAMM DAMM DESIGN/AKIMBO (check out his link below)

links to everyone involved

www.myspace.com/dizzystorm

www.myspace.com/desalvoland

www.myspace.com/takeaworm

www.myspace.com/midmarchrecords

www.myspace.com/dammdammdammdesign

anyone wanting to pre-order a copy drop me a message either here/myspace or info@dizzystorm.co.uk

cheers

sharon

Guest Kilgore Trout

is there going to be a cd single version?, as much as i love the artwork i dont have a record player! go on and give away a cdr of the tracks with the single jist like shellac.

oops.

is there going to be a cd single version?, as much as i love the artwork i dont have a record player! go on and give away a cdr of the tracks with the single jist like shellac.

oops.

I'm going to get a copy and then burn dozens onto to cd and then sell them for 2.

Don't tell Shaz!

Sharon. I couldn't make it on sunday. Can you hold one for me if they are likely to go fast. Will there be any at the Step on it gig tomorrow? If your going can you bring one for me please?

oops sorry wasnt at that gig...but you can get one from me at Retro Rebels or you can pop into One UP :up:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wee review of single from my favourite suppliers of everything Hood, Norman Records in Leeds....

Here's a split 7" by Take A Worm For A Walk Week and Desalvo on Dizzy Storm records.

Take A Worm had an LP out on Midmarch a while back I believe so I was expecting this

to be a total noisefest and I was right. It reminds me of some of those old Slap A

Ham 7's with some mental US hardcore bands on. Do you remember them? They were

cool!! I can hear bits of Dazzling Killmen in there 'n all. It absolutely and

equivocally rocks! Desalvo go down a more riff laden route and they feature someone

from Idlewild and some dude from the Stretchheads (who were ace if anybody remembers

them!) This side is like a cross between maths rock and stoner rock..... nice big

stoner riffs and then it does something completely different and complex..... very

shouty vocals 'n all. Who wouldn't want to own a single by a band called Take A Worm

For A Walk Week eh?

• 1 month later...