aberdeen-music

Plan your jogging route

Chris

That's pretty good. I used to use Google Earth - it has a good measuring thing. I used to run the length of Gt Western Road/N Deeside Road and I had measured out key points along the way to turn back so I could choose varying lengths of run. Holburn Street to Rob Roy's bridge and back is pretty much a half marathon.

That's pretty good. I used to use Google Earth - it has a good measuring thing. I used to run the length of Gt Western Road/N Deeside Road and I had measured out key points along the way to turn back so I could choose varying lengths of run. Holburn Street to Rob Roy's bridge and back is pretty much a half marathon.

I measured my usual route, by the end of which I'm usually a sweaty, stitch ridden mess, and it came out at a rather pathetic mile and a quarter. It feels like a lot more...

It is useful for measuring out alternate routes. I can see quickly what a 1.5 mile route and a 2 mile route would look like if I wanted to start building up my distances.

I measured my usual route, by the end of which I'm usually a sweaty, stitch ridden mess, and it came out at a rather pathetic mile and a quarter. It feels like a lot more...

If you're getting a stitch every time, it sounds like you may be running too fast. Running effectively to burn off the calories feels a lot slower than you think it should. Running fast burns off the wrong kind of energy. You need to get the slow burning carbs. Best thing to do is get a Heart Rate Monitor - if your heart rate is going above 80 or 90, you're going too fast.