aberdeen-music

[GIG] Best of Underflow feat: Popup + Kid Canaveral + Holy Folks @ The Tunnels

Guest Callum, Underflow

Guest Callum, Underflow

Unfortunately this gig will be the last ever Underflow gig and true to form we have managed to book the same night as the European Cup final and Happy Mondays (playing Music Hall). :down: But never mind thats enough of advertising our opposition.

In order to celebrate the life of Underflow we have organised a best of,:up: which will feature:

Popup - http://www.myspace.com/popuptheband

Quite rightly taking their place at the top of the Best of Underflow bill, Popup are believed by many to be Scotlands finest unsigned band and its surely only a matter of time before they make it big.

"Scottish prodigies Popup are making a huge impact in their homeland...they'll be one of the hottest bands of 2007" - NME

Just back from a hugely successful tour of Texas, and off the back of fantastic single release Chinese burn this band are quite simply Scottish Indie pop at its finest and are a must see!

"Popup are quickly becoming THE live act to catch in Scotland" - Is This Music?

"Popup seem to have that little bit of indefinable magic that helps to conjure up simply gorgeous songs that are completely evocative of where they come from" - CD Times

Kid Canaveral - http://www.myspace.com/kidcanaveral

"Juicy, chewy pop-kids to savour, proving that life still twitches in this indie guitar-pop business." Paul Whitelaw, The Scotsman

Back for their third Underflow appearance, Kid Canaveral just get better and better. Having constant air play by the likes of Jim Gellatly and Vic Galloway and even having their video for recent single Smash Hits featured on the BBCs music show Kid Canaveral are really going places.

"Evocative lyrics, super indie guitars and some striking girl/guy vocal dynamics, 'the Kids really are alright" Jock Rock

Holy Folks - http://www.myspace.com/holyfolks

Local Anti-folk favourites, the holy folks are awesome and the most entertaining live act you are likely to see. A band so good they have even been head hunted to do a tour of New York.

More acts to be confirmed.

Hope you can make it (after the footy), and cheers to all the bands that have played Underflow in the past.

Cheers,

Callum.

Guest Callum, Underflow
what does will the bands be kicking off calum do you know? can't it go really late to accommodate the fitba?

Right i've been doing my sums. football kick off is 7.45 (i think) so as long as there is no extra time finishes at 9.30. So we'll aim for Holy Folks at 10.00, Kid Canaveral 11.00 and Popup at 12.00 (ish) that way giving every one time to get back to catch the magic of Holy Folks.

There should also be a at least one act/band before that though (TBC).

we intend to go out in a bang. At the end of the show Callum and I will be sacrificed in a Giant sixed wicker recreation of the Underflow Logo. All bands who have ever played for us are invited to bring their own fire.

Disclaimer: Fraser Denholm, Callum Russel, Underflow or The Tunnels in no way condone pagan arson in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Callum, Underflow

Jut to let everyone know:

• Allie Ambient has been confirmed as support.
  • To celebrate getting rid of us Jim is putting on drink promos on lager, vodka and Jack.
  • As it's a school night we are going to try and make the change overs as quick as possible with:
    POPUP - 11.30 to Midnight
    Kid Canaveral - 10.45 to 11.15
    Holy Folks - 10.00 t0 10.30
    Allie Ambient - 9.00 to 9.30
    For those wanting to stay Underflow djs will be on til 2am.

Cheers to everyone who came down, and cheers to everyone whos ever been to or ever played at Underflows in the past. We've had a great time over the last couple of years, seen loads of great gigs and made the gigs that we wanted to happen happen.

Anyway, should be some videos of last night available soon if anyones interested.

ALso, my poster making skills are now available as I no longer have an outlet, anyone interested PM me.

Anyhoo, So long and thanks for all the Fish...