5 Manchester - Apollo

6 Liverpool - University

8 Bristol - Colston Hall

9 Southampton - Guildhall

10 Exeter - University

12 Folkstone - Leas Cliff

13 London - Sheperds Bush Empire

The Dazzler

surely if the man who wrote all the songs and to a certain extent was the figure head of a band has passed away, is it not a pointless exercise...

"hello were thin lizzy - on bass we have a got a man that once met phil lynnot's dog. On guitar we have the third guitarist from nickleback and on drums we have a small frog! yay!"

Queensryche - HA!

The current Thin Lizzy line-up

The current Thin Lizzy line-up consists of original guitarists

Scott Gorham (lead guitars),

John Sykes (lead vocals, guitars)

Marco Mendosa (bass)

Tommy Aldrige (drums)

Queensryche are

Geoff Tate (lead vocals)

Michael Wilton (guitars)

Eddie Jackson (bass)

Scott Rockenfield (drums)

Mike Stone (guitars)

Over the past two decades queensryche have sold over 20 million albums worldwide and 2007 sees them bringing the original 'Seattle sound' back to the UK.

The Dazzler

Remember to keep all dogs away from the Music Hall when Queensryche are on as the pitch of Geoff Tates voice may cause them distress; the queen of the REIIIIIIIIIIIICH ( cue glasses breaking etc), try looking up photos from their pseudo glam Rage for Order period. (best album too).

Best Album?????

Operation:Mindcrime without any doubt!!!! Rage for Order doesn't even compare.

Remember to keep all dogs away from the Music Hall when Queensryche are on as the pitch of Geoff Tates voice may cause them distress; the queen of the REIIIIIIIIIIIICH ( cue glasses breaking etc), try looking up photos from their pseudo glam Rage for Order period. (best album too).

Hey pierre,

I Didnt know you liked them, lol, (Operation Mindcrime was the best)

You did have bad taste:laughing: , remember Dimond Head. LoL

The Dazzler

The current Thin Lizzy line-up consists of original guitarists

Scott Gorham (lead guitars),

John Sykes (lead vocals, guitars)

Hate to be pedantic but Eric Bell was Thin Lizzy's first guitarist, and Garry Moore was the second, Gorham and Sykes were in fact the third Lizzy line up...granted they were by far the most successful

G...

Hate to be pedantic but Eric Bell was Thin Lizzy's first guitarist, and Garry Moore was the second, Gorham and Sykes were in fact the third Lizzy line up...granted they were by far the most successful

G...

Hate to be more pedantic ;) but the third line up was of course Brian Robertson and Scott Gorham, Sykes was only in the band as it was running down from 82-84 just before it split.

Cheers

Stuart

• 4 weeks later...
Hey pierre,

I Didnt know you liked them, lol, (Operation Mindcrime was the best)

You did have bad taste:laughing: , remember Dimond Head. LoL

The Dazzler

Hey Dazmeister, good to see you hanging in there, I'm actually having a very surprising (to me) 80s metal rebirth, namely listening to

Ratt-Out of the Cellar (much better than I thought it would be, current fave-'Lack of Communication', squueeakk)

Faster Pussycat-1st album ( I knew I still liked this-eternal fave-'Don't change that song')

Exodus-Bonded by Blood (why more serial killers don't listen to this escapes me. Brutal fave.."This aint about no Goldfish..., an it aint about no Tuna fish.... and it AINT ABOUT NO TROUT..rout..out" -'Piranha'

and of course, as you say, the perennially underrated Diamond Head, fave from the album that killed them the first time-'Knight of the Swords'

As to the matter at hand, No I stand by Rage for Order as their best album, mainly for 'Surgical Strike', which prefigures the whole Mindcrime sound, 'London' and the none more creeptastic, synthy 'Gonna get Close to You'. Mindcrime to my ears now groans beneath the weight of its own conceit, mind you, 'The Needle Lies' still rocks.

Now where did I put that Crimson Glory album?

Hey Dazmeister, good to see you hanging in there, I'm actually having a very surprising (to me) 80s metal rebirth, namely listening to

Ratt-Out of the Cellar (much better than I thought it would be, current fave-'Lack of Communication', squueeakk)

Faster Pussycat-1st album ( I knew I still liked this-eternal fave-'Don't change that song')

Exodus-Bonded by Blood (why more serial killers don't listen to this escapes me. Brutal fave.."This aint about no Goldfish..., an it aint about no Tuna fish.... and it AINT ABOUT NO TROUT..rout..out" -'Piranha'

and of course, as you say, the perennially underrated Diamond Head, fave from the album that killed them the first time-'Knight of the Swords'

As to the matter at hand, No I stand by Rage for Order as their best album, mainly for 'Surgical Strike', which prefigures the whole Mindcrime sound, 'London' and the none more creeptastic, synthy 'Gonna get Close to You'. Mindcrime to my ears now groans beneath the weight of its own conceit, mind you, 'The Needle Lies' still rocks.

Now where did I put that Crimson Glory album?

Hey there my old friend from about nearly 20 years ago, lol, god is it that long!!!! or are we that old.

Well Ratt was always a band i loved, Warren Dermartini guitar playing was so awsome, i played those cd's to death, still playing ratt when i pick up the guitar, Lack of Communication was one of my faves to play and your in love, those riffs gave me the inspiration to keep playing, although im not really playing guitar as much now, should really start jamming again with someone, playing older stuff, guess we both got different music tastes from all our friends, remember going back about at least 16 or 17 years we were both listening to Celtic Frost and Hell Hammer, when you were living with your granparents, think we tried to write a few songs, i remember a few of yours , especialy the drums, lol.

You couldnet get into Slayer though, but we were both Big Venom fans, do you remember going back to the Venue 21 years ago before the Place, banging our heads to Chemical Warefare, drinking snakebite and black, those were the days.

Yeah I still listen to Rage for Order, but i think it was definetly mindcrime that made the big differnce in quality and sound of recording, i guess the image change was better as well, but musically they were the masters of there time, it was really the origanl seattle sound before Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

MMMMMM, Crimson Glory, they were poor mans Queesryche, pretty sure i still have those two albums.

Whate are you listening to now?

Have you heard of Evidence One and Furyon yet?

Will have to meet up sometime.

Later

Dazzler

• 4 months later...
Queensryche have cancelled all European and UK gigs.

Thin Lizzy will be playing alone unless a new support gets announced soon.

Diamond Head are supporting now, cant stand this band, but Pierre Von Mondragon will love them for sure, who would have thought one of his favorite band's from 20 years ago playing in Aberdeen.