aberdeen-music

new metal influenced drum and bass project..

Haha, it's gabber!

All the tracks have the same boring, cliched drum samples. The distortion is unpleasant and seems to be affecting the whole mix - It sounds like you've just turned everything up until it clips like hell. There's no bass which is apparent other than the kick drum.

Even 15 years ago when gabber was in fashion, these tunes wouldn't have cut it. Even if they had been mixed down properly, there isn't much there that isn't completely dated and boring. I think you've got a long way to go.

Haha, it's gabber!

All the tracks have the same boring, cliched drum samples. The distortion is unpleasant and seems to be affecting the whole mix - It sounds like you've just turned everything up until it clips like hell. There's no bass which is apparent other than the kick drum.

Even 15 years ago when gabber was in fashion, these tunes wouldn't have cut it. Even if they had been mixed down properly, there isn't much there that isn't completely dated and boring. I think you've got a long way to go.

glad it was just a bit of fun then eh!

I wanted it to clip like hell and be generally unpleasant at times though, that was on purpose!

still, it is my first attempt at this and so is badly produced in almost every way! And the limited software im using doesnt allow for much....well anything!

Some of the tracks are farrr too long in my opinion, if i ever want to take this seriously then the idea would be to shorten the tracks, get better samples, and record basslines and guitar (with a possibility of vocals) over it. Until i get a new (and good) sound card though, im restricted as fuck!

cheers for the feedback, its good to here some opinions.

can anyone reccomend any decent drum software thats fairly straight forward to use? I could do with something better, the stuff on the page only took an afternoon to make, but it doesnt sound as good as it could..

I wanted it to clip like hell and be generally unpleasant at times though, that was on purpose!

can anyone reccomend any decent drum software thats fairly straight forward to use? I could do with something better, the stuff on the page only took an afternoon to make, but it doesnt sound as good as it could..

There's a big difference between digital clipping and analogue distortion, plus it's nicer to have the distortion under control so you can still have the sound sitting in the mix nicely.

What software do you use? I'd recommend FLstudio and cubase sx.