aberdeen-music

Eurovision 2007

Cloud

The UK entry better win it this time round, we've got an absolutely ridiculous song that sticks in the head. Anyone that doesn't like it must be soulless - just because it's so stupid :)

As usual, you're wrong.

It's utterly fucking gash.

Guest treader.

i still stand by my opinion that had the darkness w/ justin written a eurovision song, they would have won hands down. they are just the kind of ridiculous "cheesy but serious about it" band that would love it.

Fucking awful, who has the final say in which song gets put forward? I can see someone thinking it would be ok as a gimmick but why not choose an artist that is actually talented instead of adding to the shit reputation Eurovision already has.

The people did.

Thing is, it's an absolutely ridiculous song. It's awful, it knows it's awful and they're blatantly just having a laugh doing it - I mean, the innuendo is bound to fly over most European's heads, which makes it all the better.

As for Eurovision having a shit reputation - well, considering it gets decent viewing figures all over Europe, it can be said to be one of the very few non-sporting programmes that actually gets decent pan-European figures. Hardly shit, really.

i still stand by my opinion that had the darkness w/ justin written a eurovision song, they would have won hands down. they are just the kind of ridiculous "cheesy but serious about it" band that would love it.

There was not a hope in hell of it winning. It might've done okay, and got 4's and 6's off some of the scandanavian states, but no, it would not 'have won hands down.'

The people did.

Thing is, it's an absolutely ridiculous song. It's awful, it knows it's awful and they're blatantly just having a laugh doing it - I mean, the innuendo is bound to fly over most European's heads, which makes it all the better.

As for Eurovision having a shit reputation - well, considering it gets decent viewing figures all over Europe, it can be said to be one of the very few non-sporting programmes that actually gets decent pan-European figures. Hardly shit, really.

Ok, a shit reputation with people who can count to ten without using their fingers. If that is honestly how the country as a whole want to be represented as far as musical talent goes, well, I'm speechless..

It's not even funny in a 'so bad it's good' sense. Not even the students find this ironically good. It's just desperate. i don't understand how they can sleep at night tbh. Imagine them telling their grandkids (well, not the dark haired bloke obviously) about their life achievements

"Well, I was a part-time tv presenter and member of Scooch"

Incidentally, the blonde-haired bloke claims he was born in 1980. If he's under 30, he's had a fucking hard life...

51 seconds I lasted.

Absolutely awful.

It reminds me of the theme for "Help, I'm a Fish..." - a god-awful kids movie that my daughter made me take her to see.

This is just as bad.

Never one to miss a sexist trick - may I point out that both the girls are pumpable?

It would have to be orally though, to mitigate the risk of either of them bursting into song mid-ride.

They'll no doubt have had a wee shot of botox pre-eurovision though... they could all certainly do with it.

I doubt you could even see the botox... Not through that inch thick layer of make up they've got on.

Also I saw on telly last night, apparently they've recorded versions in most of the major European languages and the translations have made the innuendos even worse.

"Would you like something to suck on for landing, sir?"

Apparently turned into something along the lines of,

"Would you like me to suck something for landing." :laughing:

Bulgaria's song is easily the best of this year's lot.

Although Ukraine's one (written by Trey Spruance) is rather fun.

YouTube - Eurovision 2007 - Ukraine

Did you know Ricky Maritn was singing Greece's one?

YouTube - Eurovision Greece 2007: Sarbel - Geia Sou Maria

Sweden obviously watched the MacDonald Brothers' rendition of Shang A Lang a bit too much

YouTube - Sweden Eurovision 2007, The Ark, The worrying kind

Poland do American "r'n'b" better than the Americans

Looking up Eurovision entries on youtube gets boring after a while.

Bulgaria to win, though.