aberdeen-music

Paris Hilton the jailbird?

Interesting that there was a similar plotline in last night's "Desperate Housewives" where Gabi refuses to pay a parking fine because her multi-millionaire fiance was elected Mayor and one of the "elite" told her that she could now do pretty much what she wanted.

Needless to say, the parking attendant refused to bend, gave her the ticket, then got the shit kicked out of him by the "upstanding, family values" new Mayor's lackies.

Only fiction I know, but timely and relevent nonetheless.

One law for the rich and another for the rest of us.

Good to see the judge in the Hilton case taking a hard line.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is she a bitch?

You don't know her, all you know is what the media is reporting about her.

To be honest, anyone that gets worked up about a celebrity deserves jailed themselves.

People aren't getting worked up about a celebrity, they are getting worked up about someone not facing justice. It doesn't matter if they are a celebrity or a bus driver, If they are guilty of committing a crime they should face the punishment.

Our whole society is based on the idea that if someone breaks the law they will be punished, if we stop "getting worked up" when they don't get punished well then what's the point of having the law in the first place?

People aren't getting worked up about a celebrity, they are getting worked up about someone not facing justice. It doesn't matter if they are a celebrity or a bus driver, If they are guilty of committing a crime they should face the punishment.

Our whole society is based on the idea that if someone breaks the law they will be punished, if we stop "getting worked up" when they don't get punished well then what's the point of having the law in the first place?

10/10 :up:

Well, for a start, it's got absolutely fuck all to do with us as it's under the American legal system. I wouldn't want anyone in America trying to interfere with our justice system, so why should we even bother getting worked up over theirs? I could understand Californians getting rather annoyed at this - but people in the UK? I mean...come on, it really does have absolutely fuck all to do with us.

Imagine if say Terry Wogan was facing jail for having done something similarly stupid - and Americans were clamouring over themselves to see him jailed. We'd tell them to fuck off and keep their nose out - so I think we should do the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are simply envious of her.

Why is she a bitch?

You don't know her, all you know is what the media is reporting about her.

To be honest, anyone that gets worked up about a celebrity deserves jailed themselves.

That last sentence might be the biggest load of tripe I've ever seen you post Cloud.

Much as I love dear old Tel, if he were stupid enough to drink drive I'd like to think he'd get a more severe punishment than a slap on the hand and a suspended licence. It's bloody inexcusable.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, for a start, it's got absolutely fuck all to do with us as it's under the American legal system. I wouldn't want anyone in America trying to interfere with our justice system, so why should we even bother getting worked up over theirs? I could understand Californians getting rather annoyed at this - but people in the UK? I mean...come on, it really does have absolutely fuck all to do with us.

There's a lot of stuff in the news that happens abroad, does that mean it has fuck all to do with us?

Paris Hilton is simply highlighting how ridiculous the cult of the celebrity is and it's the same over here too, although why you're comparing Paris Hilton to Terry Wogan I have no idea.

Why should the legal system make excuses for someones behaviour purely because of how recognisable her face is? How many times have Kate Moss or any of her lot been caught with drugs and only sent to rehab instead of gaol? Poor little Paris might get beaten up in prison or made into someone's bitch, so they've hand selected a cellmate for her. What the fuck is that? What has she ever done to deserve special treatment? It basically comes down to how much money you have, and if that is affecting the way criminals are punished then there's a serious problem.

Imagine if say Terry Wogan was facing jail for having done something similarly stupid - and Americans were clamouring over themselves to see him jailed. We'd tell them to fuck off and keep their nose out - so I think we should do the same.

Oh of course...Terry Wogan's career is going as sterlingly as Paris Hiltons.

I don't think it's fair for her to recieve easier treatment, yet I dont think it's fair of the public to send death threats.

But at the end of the day, Terry Wogans no Paris Hilton and that may be the fucking stupidest thing i've ever read in my life cloud.

True. It has fuck all to do with us. What we're up in arms about, that's us and NOT you, is that she's a tenuous celeb who has no concept of the law and think she's above it. So let's just imagine this scenario:

Paris Hilton's done a Jeffrey Dahmer. There are human organs in specimen jars stored in her fridge; she's fashioned a throne from a victim's pelvis; the smell of decomosing human remains is overpowering. The evidence is so stacked up against her she's sure to get the death penalty.

She appeals and gets a reduced sentence; culpable homicide. Wouldn't you think that the reaction to this woulld be global? Obstinate Oaf.

As usual you post shit. If you wanted to make a better comparison you might have mentioned Victoria Beckham or some London 'It' Girl. But an ancient Irish accented BBC presenter? Get real. Take your Blankety Blank cheque book and pen and anally violate yourself with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are simply envious of her.

Balderdash and piffle.

Let me on behalf of those here who can't stomach the pampered, spoiled, vapid, vacuous cunt apologise for our incredulous insensitivity.

You're obviously a fan of hers with no grip on reality.

As usual you post shit. If you wanted to make a better comparison you might have mentioned Victoria Beckham or some London 'It' Girl. But an ancient Irish accented BBC presenter? Get real. Take your Blankety Blank cheque book and pen and anally violate yourself with it.

This is almost the best post I think I have ever read.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

She has been put on house arrest for the rest of the 40 days, because of a 'medical problem'...

"Paris Hilton has been fitted for ankle bracelet and put under house arrest, after authorities determined to release Hilton from prison due to medical reasons, this according to Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept. spokesperson Steve Whitmore.

God this is so insulting. Such a blatant lie. Fuck you Steve Whitmore. What medical reason could this whore have that would keep her out of solitary confinement? That's what you do to people with medical conditions, you keep them isolated and under constant supervision. She probably had a note signed by a Dr. but in her world "Dr" means the dude was a DJ or drug dealer. I wanna see this note and if it's signed "Dr. Groove" I'm gonna go absolutely apeshit."