aberdeen-music

Congratulations, You have just met the casuals

Johnny Mac

Anyone read this? By Dan Rivers.

About the Aberdeen Soccer Casuals (ASC).

Quite an entertaining read and gives you an insight into what went on in those days, some pretty brutal stuff.

Also just started reading another book on the same topic. Bloody Casuals buy Jay allan (I think). Anyone read this one?

It'd be interesting to read the point of view of the Motherwell Saturday Service Rivers mentions.

One of those guys wrote a book too, you can pick it up quite cheap.

I'm in no way interested in fighting at the footy (probably because i'm rubbish) but find these books quite interesting, especially to see how much football has changed over the years.

One of those guys wrote a book too, you can pick it up quite cheap.

I've been on the 80s Casuals website and the book is very cheap on there. There's an interesting looking one from a Liverpool point of view too.

I'm in no way interested in fighting at the footy (probably because i'm rubbish) but find these books quite interesting, especially to see how much football has changed over the years.

Me neither, I punch like a girl so I wouldn't last for a second in a proper rammy...

That's a very true comment. It is interetsing to read about the change in football over a relatively short timescale.

Must say since reading them both I've found myself looking more and more at the designer clothing outlets linked from 80s Casuals. I could spend a fortune.

Having said that I'd still avoid Burberry like the plague

I've been on the 80s Casuals website and the book is very cheap on there. There's an interesting looking one from a Liverpool point of view too.

Me neither, I punch like a girl so I wouldn't last for a second in a proper rammy...

That's a very true comment. It is interetsing to read about the change in football over a relatively short timescale.

Must say since reading them both I've found myself looking more and more at the designer clothing outlets linked from 80s Casuals. I could spend a fortune.

Having said that I'd still avoid Burberry like the plague

I don't think either of you would have much to worry about in a "proper rammy"

NONE of these guys can fight worth a fuck!

Combat, soccer casual-style, involves dancing back and forward towards your opponent whilst making two-handed "come here" gestures and shouting " 'moan then ya cunts ". No contact whatsover is made.

The only people who get are hurt are, of course, the old men and speccy wee gadges who are unlucky enough to fall down during the stampede. Or unfortunately, the complete innocent bystander who gets hit by a bottle or chibbed in the back by one of these sorry wee cowards.

The whole thing is glamourised by shite like The Football Factory and the Aberdeen book by that twat with the girls name.