aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
HummerOfIntenseEvil

Scottish Election RESULTS 2007

Is anyone else staying up to watch a few of the seats get declared?

I'm absolutely disgusted at the level of spoiled ballots - Glasgow Kelvin was won by a majority of 1,207. There were 1,195 spoiled ballots - 12 less than the majority. That is simply unacceptable.

For fear of another Government IT disaster... how long till we get up-to-date with electronic voting? Not only would the votes be count instantly, it'd also be a fail-safe method of voting (just use radio buttons - you can only select one in a group), and if the lazy, apathetic cunts in this country didn't have to get off their fucking arses to go to a polling booth within a mile of their house, perhaps turnout would reach something like a decent level.

80%+ turnout in France.

50%+ in Scotland.

That's just pathetic.

Onto the actual results - fucking gutted Kelvin was a Labour hold. But I suppose that's what you get when you're surrounded by fucking Weegie minks. At least SNP have made the first gain, though.

I wonder if the racist and homophobic parties will get any seats?

Apparently not, then.

3 Labour candidates have won seats. 2 of them gave abusive rants as their "winners" speech.

Ona similar note, the loudest (and rudest) people at the Leaders Debate were a pair of young Labour twats.

Coincidence? No.

Arrogance? Yes. And that is exactly why people should have been voting ANY party except Labour (well, not the BNP or Christian parties, obviously).

My mum managed to understand the councillor ballot fine and she's an expert in not reading things properly, so it really defeats me how anyone could fuck it up.

Having said that, it would be nice if all three votes used STV.

it really defeats me how anyone could fuck it up.

In all fairness, SOME people may have been so excited about crossing boxes for SNP that they started crossing the counciller one too.

Not naming any names, of course... (ahem :O )

However, one cross and nothing else is still valid, plus it is okay to get a replacement sheet.

Guest Kilgore Trout
In all fairness, SOME people may have been so excited about crossing boxes for SNP that they started crossing the counciller one too.

Not naming any names, of course... (ahem :O )

However, one cross and nothing else is still valid, plus it is okay to get a replacement sheet.

i did that. i'm stupid.

Something is seriously wrong with the amount of spoiled ballots here - 1,800 in Glasgow Baillieston now.

Glasgow's count is wild, though :laughing:

Something is seriously wrong with the amount of spoiled ballots here - 1,800 in Glasgow Baillieston now.

Glasgow's count is wild, though :laughing:

I feel like moving from Glasgow - the voters are a lost cause. Perhaps I should re-register for Aberdeen to vote.

More pathetic SNP bashing from the latest Weegie Labour MSP.

Nice to hear Big Eck has unofficially won Gordon though :D

Salmond's in.

But I fear that the SNP might not have done enough to win this :(

Yeah, it's looking pretty close, but things to bear in mind:

a) SNP are the only party to GAIN seats thus far

b) they're supposed to be doing "very well" (ie miles ahead?) in the regional voting

Either way, I'm glad I didn't plump for the British Communist Party on the regional vote. I was tempted though :D

Listen to the man speaking like a true statesman just now. I can't think of a more honourable and sincere politician than Alex Salmond. It's a crime if he's not First Minister.

well the big story seems to be the farce that is voting in scotland rather than any major electoral shift so far. the postal votes not being sent out in time is a disgrace and there's obviously been a big problem with regards to the voting system itself. either that or for once there's a mass protest going on with so many spoilt ballots.

good to see salmond's in, just need to wait and see what aberdeen central brings.

80%+ turnout in France.

50%+ in Scotland.

That's just pathetic.

Chalk and cheese. The elections in France are national elections while the elections here are local ones, so the turnout is bound to be higher in France.

Listen to the man speaking like a true statesman just now. I can't think of a more honourable and sincere politician than Alex Salmond. It's a crime if he's not First Minister.

OBN.

Good grief. I hope you were pissed when you wrote that...

that man is a buffoon spouting lots of hot air

As far as spoiled ballot papers are concerned, I don't think it helped that the guy who handed us the ballot paper instructed us to put a cross in each of the three columns. If the officials cannot even get it right what hope do the punters have?:down:

In my opinion, the reason for the poor turnout was due to the fact that there wasn't much coverage on any of the party's policies.

Sure, there was flyer's through the door but none of them were completely clear on the aims and goals of the candidate.

This makes people discouraged in voting as they don't want to vote when they know nothing of the party.

This doesn't excuses people from not voting as there are ways of finding out about the candidates, I just think, this type of information should be brought to the voters.

Edit: "First two BNP councillors in North West Leicestershire": Why would anyone vote for people like them?

My problem with Alex Salmond is the fact he'll be an MP and an MSP at the same time. There have been sources saying he'd quit as Banff and Buchan MP if he got in as MSP (which he has), but others saying he won't. Anyone know any better?

As for the turnout, it's not chalk and cheese. Yes they're different but they're not THAT different. The Scottish Parliament will effectively be running Scotland for the next 4 years, so if our people can't recognise that, then they're twats.

Also, spoiled ballots. If its accidental, then you're a moron for not understanding the voting system. Yes it's new, yes it's slightly more complicated, but there were people at the polling stations explaining it to EVERYONE who did not understand. Saying you then did not understand is just a plain lack of common sense. Also, if the spoiled ballots were deliberate, then the people who did that just need to grow up.

Also, lol@ Tommy 'Mahogany' Sheridan.