aberdeen-music

Eggheads Yesterday

SteveCrisis

Haha, aye, I saw that one.

I watch it to see the Eggheads lose, but always miss the episode when they finally lose.

I hate the really boring bastard (the quiz champion of the entire universe guy). Love it when he gets one wrong.

And that cj guy is a simpering wanker.

Good show though.

Haha, aye, I saw that one.

I watch it to see the Eggheads lose, but always miss the episode when they finally lose.

I hate the really boring bastard (the quiz champion of the entire universe guy). Love it when he gets one wrong.

And that cj guy is a simpering wanker.

Good show though.

Aye. It is a good show.

The Eggheads themselves are al full of their own importance. Judith, the Millionnaire winner, she just gets my goat.

I think the only one I like, to a certain extent is Daphne.

CJ is a smug prick who deserves to be kicked in the teeth and testes. Repeatedly

CJ is a smug prick who deserves to be kicked in the teeth and testes. Repeatedly

Only after Kevin "biggest know - it all ever"

Surely the most annoying thing on telly is when that smug prick gives the entire background and lead up to a question when a simple answer would do.

I don't know why I watch it half the time - it just gets on my wick! There must be something about it.

I've seen them defeated twice - it's always a highlight.

The best thing about CJ is that he's the second worst on the show (I don't think even Judith would try to make people believe she's a trivia heavyweight), yet he is always the most animated when other people get questions wrong, and you just think "shut the fuck up, you wouldn't have got it either".

Chris is a know-it-all, and pretty smug with it. But at the same time, I think he plays it up a wee bit - the exchanges he has with Dermot about trains or whatever always seem like he is willingly having the piss ripped out of him. Also he at least realises he's shit at showbiz.

Daphne is a sweet old lady who just happens to know tons. You'd have to be a knob to dislike her.

Kevin is a man who just happens to know fucking everything and realises that a lot of people who watch the show are trivia fans, and would therefore LIKE to know the trivia behind questions - also it avoids the big pause which effectively say "how do you know it's that answer?" He's not smug, he just tells you the answer. He doesn't say "Oh THIS is the answer, because of this, this and this - if you don't know that you're an IDIOT!!" like CJ does. I'd say thinking otherwise smacks of jealousy a wee bit.

Anyway, he had a fantastic tasche on mastermind.

Kevin is a man who just happens to know fucking everything and realises that a lot of people who watch the show are trivia fans, and would therefore LIKE to know the trivia behind questions - also it avoids the big pause which effectively say "how do you know it's that answer?" He's not smug, he just tells you the answer. He doesn't say "Oh THIS is the answer, because of this, this and this - if you don't know that you're an IDIOT!!" like CJ does. I'd say thinking otherwise smacks of jealousy a wee bit.

Anyway, he had a fantastic tasche on mastermind.

I would have thought that if the programme is watched predominantley by trivia fans the last thing they would want are the answers dissected and explained? You have to bow to the superior knowledge on display but it's done smugly. They know they're being smug.

Anyway, no worries, Kevin. Look forward to tonight's show and lots of lengthy explanations behind the answers. :up:

I would have thought that if the programme is watched predominantley by trivia fans the last thing they would want are the answers dissected and explained? You have to bow to the superior knowledge on display but it's done smugly. They know they're being smug.

Anyway, no worries, Kevin. Look forward to tonight's show and lots of lengthy explanations behind the answers. :up:

Nope - someone asks you a question (which you recently saw on Eggheads) and you tell them the answer, and they ask how you know, and you say "well, you see...", tell them the background behind it and you look very clever.

Compare that to, say, seeing a question on Sudo-Q or something. You tell someone this bit of trivia and they say "how do you know?" and you say "err... I just do" or "I saw it on Sudo-Q". You don't look so clever.

Personally, I just take all knowledge as input, like Johnny 5.