aberdeen-music

Kitchen Cynics, Delawair and Holy Folks

Hello! stable~table presents an evening of acoustic mellowness this sunday in Kilau Coffee Shop, Little Belmont Street.

Kitchen Cynics- Folky stuff from everyones favourite scenester.

Delawair- This man doesn't like Neil Young... but he does like other good music like Neutral Milk Hotel, Elliot Smith and Van Halen.

Holy FolksAnti folk from everyones favourite ginger scenester and friends.

Hugh

The Kitchen Cynics description "folky stuff" is a tad underwhelming in description

of someone who is an inspiration to lots of music people accross musical genres

in NE Scotland............

Perhaps, but surely anyone looking at this website is bound to know who Alan is, or at least what the Kitchen Cynics sound like? In fact, I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who are likely to go to this and are registered with this site wouldn't really need a description for any of the acts.

heck i did it in five minutes. i'm a geologist by trade i don't know how to use words like you arty types...

Kitchen cynics - the Kitchen Cynics are a world renowned act bridging boundaries of folk, jazz and noise. Deeply rooted in North East mythology and folk lore the Cynics take the listener into situations that are reminiscent of the works of Fairport Convention or even the rose-tinted retrospective nature of early Truman Capote literature. Murder, sex and alcohol play key roles in the Cynics spiralling narratives.

One of Aberdeen music's older statesmen and a must see act, kinna folky stuff ken?

so there.

heck i did it in five minutes. i'm a geologist by trade i don't know how to use words like you arty types...

Kitchen cynics - the Kitchen Cynics are a world renowned act bridging boundaries of folk, jazz and noise. Deeply rooted in North East mythology and folk lore the Cynics take the listener into situations that are reminiscent of the works of Fairport Convention or even the rose-tinted retrospective nature of early Truman Capote literature. Murder, sex and alcohol play key roles in the Cynics spiralling narratives.

One of Aberdeen music's older statesmen and a must see act, kinna folky stuff ken?

so there.

You missed the pot belly

ok this is how it works

Stewcat - Tintin - young, chirpy and enjoys spending his time with old seamen.

Alan Cynic - Professer Calculus - half mad and quite clearly deaf.

Craig and Eion Kilau - The T(h )ompson twins.

Scott Delawair - Bianca Castafiore - A diva that shatters glass

Kilau Coffee Shop - Captain Haddock - Loads of swearing, possible alcoholic and commonly befriending youth!

Woop woop!

Thank you!!

I normally use an Ibanez DL 5, which I think is better, but it is a tad fucked, so it was an Akai headrush one on Sunday.

I really enjoyed StewCat/TinTin and Scott/Bianca....my own set was a bit shaky for a start due to coffee and a lack of alcohol to steady the nerves.