aberdeen-music

skram?

Guest treader.

Guest treader.

how many people in aberdeen properly dig screamo?

and i mean proper screamo.

i finally got a hold of the 'emo armageddon' LP and some of the songs are absolutely brilliant, although they only last about 30 seconds approx.

Loma Prieta, Suis La Lune and Cease Upon The Capitol's efforts are particularly notable.

how many people in aberdeen properly dig screamo?

and i mean proper screamo.

i finally got a hold of the 'emo armageddon' LP and some of the songs are absolutely brilliant, although they only last about 30 seconds approx.

Loma Prieta, Suis La Lune and Cease Upon The Capitol's efforts are particularly notable.

fucking love it...but it depends what you are calling real screamo...if you are referring to Funeral Diner, Joshu Fit For Battle, Raein, Hassan I Sabbah, Amanda Woodward etc, then aye, fucking love the stuff!

x

Guest treader.

yeah man.

i'm yet to understand why bands like silverstein and that have been listed as 'screamo' before.

even flood of red have it in their genres on myspak.

i like most different kinds of the skramz

if anybody wants to hear what definitive modern day skramz is i would listen to "this life, my cage" by Raein, off of the split with Funeral Diner (who i lvoe, but would definetly say they were a lighter/diet screamo band)

for me, this song is the perfect skramz, raging fast, frenetic, progressive, not too shabby reccording, tuneful and full of passion.

unfortunately most stuff is recorded terribly see shikari, saetia, pg 99 et al but regarded as definetive and inspirational

it really annoys me when people call bands like underoath screamo. screamo/skramz is almost exclusively a DIY genre, with ethics and attributes of the punk genre

nah not really, when you say screamo most morons think underoath flood of red etc

skramz meanz beanz

same when you are up here...

I got a copy of the Joshua Fit For Battle/All I Ask Split 7 inch on Electric Human Project on gold vinyl, only 500 pressed.

Mazin!

x

Guest treader.

i dont have any screamo vinyl at all. mostly because i dont have a gramophone to play it on.

i've got quite a few cds and stuff though.

favourite bands are definitely like: raein, funeral diner, cease upon the capitol, sailboats/loma prieta andddddddddd her breath on glass.

as well as heaps of others.

At the risk of jumping on the name dropping, I'm quite keen on:

Ampere

Funeral Diner

Envy

Indian Summer

Orchid

Circle Takes The Square

Saetia

Maxi sent me some La Quiete stuff once, it was alright but i wasn't really keen on them.

I don't know everything about "Screamo" but there are certainly elements of the original style in a lot of the 'faux' screamo bands that are out there these days, though in a rather diluted manner.

I was more into original/2nd Wave emo than screamo to be honest. Bands like:

Rites Of Spring

Shudder To Think

Jawbreaker

Sunny Day Real Estate

Jimmy Eat World

The Get Up Kids

Braid

The Promise Ring

Cap'n Jazz

Cursive

Samiam

Texas Is The Reason

Sense Field

Rainer Maria etc

and later stuff like Further Seems Forever, The Juliana Theory etc.

The whole current "emo" thing pisses me off too but at the end of the day folks will call things what they want, rightly or wrongly. Music is subjective at the end of the day and "emo/screamo" is as much of a non-entity genre nowadays as grunge was when it was created.

At least kids are getting into proper bands from these genres through bands like Underoath et al. and it keeps the genre's alive. I mean, who'd've thought three years ago that Ewan (make-them-earn-it) would have traded listening to Fall Out Boy for Loma Prieta? We all have to start somewhere.

i dont see whats wrong with oming up for another name wioth it, given that people keep mistaking scremao for something its not. it simply seperates it from what is NOT actually screamo. they seem to have knicked the name (bands like unearth etc) so its time to call it something else.

unless you want to call it tr00 kvlt scr3am0??

im not the most knowledgable on alot of the bands, but what ive heard i like.

hassan i sabbah, jeromes dream, daitro, welcome the plague year, neil perry, joshua fit for battle

there is a few, can make you a mix cd, cant promise i will get round to it one day soon...

lol

x

aaaand thank you to the man who got me into Funeral Diner :love:

I've heard a few Jerome's Dream songs, pretty good stuff. Shall give the others a listen when I get time (when Faraquet is done), keep meaning to give Daitro a listen.