aberdeen-music

What Song you currently listening to..?

Stephen

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stripey

Wow you lot have such a sophisticated and varied taste in music. *sarcasm mode off*

I'm currently listening to a new project of mine and working on the drum patterns.

hawthorne heights - ohio is for lovers

i recommend this song to everyone, but be warned it is emo at the extreme. but if you search for "hawthorne heights" in the all music discussion shaun has kindly made a thread where you can all download a couple of lovely tracks.

:up:

Guest Stripey
Wow that makes you sound like a totally judgemental prick *observation mode off*

*observation mode on* Well I just think its amusing that everyone on here bar 1 or 2 people listens to the same narrow spectrum of dated pop-derived music styles. What can you expect from a rural backwater town anyway, I suppose. :music:

*observation mode on* Well I just think its amusing that everyone on here bar 1 or 2 people listens to the same narrow spectrum of dated pop-derived music styles. What can you expect from a rural backwater town anyway' date=' I suppose. :music:[/quote']

Not me, my music taste is amazing.

*homosexual mode on*

I'm gonna go have sex with men now.

*homosexual mode off*

No I'm not.

*Unaware I'm schitzophrenic mode on*

What the fuck was that all about?

Guest Stripey
Not me' date=' my music taste is amazing.

*homosexual mode on*

I'm gonna go have sex with men now.

*homosexual mode off*

No I'm not.

*Unaware I'm schitzophrenic mode on*

What the fuck was that all about?[/quote']

I dont get what you mean. but I'm not about to get into an argument with you of all people dan.

*observation mode on* Well I just think its amusing that everyone on here bar 1 or 2 people listens to the same narrow spectrum of dated pop-derived music styles. What can you expect from a rural backwater town anyway' date=' I suppose. :music:[/quote']

Which one or two people are you talking about 'cause I can think of quite a lot of people that are on here that listen to a wide variety of music or people that might not listen to a hugely varied amount but listen to bands that aren't just 'dated pop-derived music styles'. Just seems a bit unfair to tar everyone with the same brush.

Another point I think's valid is that it takes a bit of time to get into stuff that's perhaps less-mainstream or less well known. I'm not sure how old you are but my own experience is that I'm 21 now and have gone through sort of stages in that I listened to loads of rock with some hip hop and electronica as I grew up but eventually there were less rock/metal bands amazing me in the way that Faith No More and Guns 'n' Roses had and so I branched out into investigating more obscure or experimental rock bands and put more time into researching electronica and many other genres. As a result today I have a very varied CD collection and can appreciate most music that I hear if not like it all enough to listen to it at home.

The point I'm trying to make I guess is that if there was a younger poster on here that you thought had an obvious or limited music taste then in years to come they may well be branching out music-wise. Of course they might not as some people plain just don't like some genres and that's fair enough. It's personal taste dammit! :)