aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Hair help!

I have a rather concerning issue with my hair just now. Due to frying it with my straighters on a near daily basis I now am suffering from severe split ends. Im combating it by spending considerable amounts of time and money on hair products and get it cut fairly regularly and spending time myself trimming individual hairs when I see a split. Does anyone anything else I can do? Its looking likely that Im going to have to get a lot cut off and I really want to avoid that if possible. Ive recently found the occasional split a few inches up from the tips (this really worries me). Im already using really good shampoo, conditioner and heat protection products.

Any tips are very welcome. Help!

some styling tips from lECHT pOLANSKI

lECHTpOLANSKIonairApril2007.jpg

Take 2 bottles to shower?,PAH, MY ERSE 2 BOTTLES, ladies take much more than two, nah stuff that, ladies use too much product, let it be natural apart from pits, they trap banjo string when bagpiping, shave the moist tufts tae, cheers lECHT.

I have a rather concerning issue with my hair just now. Due to frying it with my straighters on a near daily basis I now am suffering from severe split ends. Im combating it by spending considerable amounts of time and money on hair products and get it cut fairly regularly and spending time myself trimming individual hairs when I see a split. Does anyone anything else I can do? Its looking likely that Im going to have to get a lot cut off and I really want to avoid that if possible. Ive recently found the occasional split a few inches up from the tips (this really worries me). Im already using really good shampoo, conditioner and heat protection products.

Any tips are very welcome. Help!

Only one solution: Get a skinhead. Take it back to its roots and re-grow from scratch ;)

Only one solution: Get a skinhead. Take it back to its roots and re-grow from scratch ;)

I agree.

Here you go m'dear - I don't just write software and play fitba' - I have a gentler, sensitive side as well.

Split Ends Trouble

Good luck wi' the hair.

ps - avoid the skinheid option - you'll end up bubbling whilst singing Prince songs.

I have the same problem but tend to ignore them and just slap on the conditioner pretty much everyday, I recently got my hair cut which got rid of heaps of split ends but I had to get a heap cut off, wasn't happy :down: .

Anyway try this link.

Split Ends Trouble

I use conditioner everytime I wash my hair (have to due to my hair type or it rips out when you attempt to comb/brush it) and leave it in as long as I can (minimal 3 minutes and up to 15 as my conditioner is suitable to be used as a mask).

By the look of things I need to stop brushing it when it's wet and try leave to dry naturally for a while.

I may be sporting my natural curls for a while by the look of things :( I just managed to get my hair to a decent length and I can't stand the idea of hacking it all off again.

Apparently you can get hairdressers to do split end cuts - where they twist your hair in sections so the slits stick out and they dock them all whilst not loosing your overall length. I'm not sure of anywhere that does it though. Everytime I've asked a hairdresser to get rid of my split ends they've just been more scissor happy.

:(

th best thing to do would be.....stop using those damned hair irons.

if there was a vote for the most overused un-needed accesory, they would have to win hands down.

why do 90% of women feel the need to damage their hair every single day with those things? im i the only one that thinks women can be just as attractive with their hair in a style that isnt just draped perfectly straight down either side of their head?

my hair is curly as pubes, there are other ways!

(just look at my avatar!)

th best thing to do would be.....stop using those damned hair irons.

if there was a vote for the most overused un-needed accesory, they would have to win hands down.

why do 90% of women feel the need to damage their hair every single day with those things? im i the only one that thinks women can be just as attractive with their hair in a style that isnt just draped perfectly straight down either side of their head?

my hair is curly as pubes, there are other ways!

(just look at my avatar!)

Sadly I’m not just ironing out a few kinks. I also try not to straighten it everyday and tend to usually tie it back for work (and only straighten the front as it falls forward). I also don’t make it poker straight – I think it looks lank and crap – and more use mine as a styling tool to tuck the ends under and combat my god awful cows lick.

My best friend describes my natural hair very well, she names it, “40 year old dog trainer” hair. It’s not good and certainly isn’t acceptable for work. It’s fairy frizzy and rather curly. If I don’t straighten it my other option is to give it 3 hours to dry in order for it to have an acceptable curl - basically means I can only wash it at night.

Edit: That post sounds terribly vain :( That's my poor excuse for being a straightner fiend though.

Sadly Im not just ironing out a few kinks. I also try not to straighten it everyday and tend to usually tie it back for work (and only straighten the front as it falls forward). I also dont make it poker straight I think it looks lank and crap and more use mine as a styling tool to tuck the ends under and combat my god awful cows lick.

My best friend describes my natural hair very well, she names it, 40 year old dog trainer hair. Its not good and certainly isnt acceptable for work. Its fairy frizzy and rather curly. If I dont straighten it my other option is to give it 3 hours to dry in order for it to have an acceptable curl - basically means I can only wash it at night.

So we return back to your only acceptable option... Skinhead. :up:

My best friend describes my natural hair very well, she names it, 40 year old dog trainer hair.

I laughed and I laughed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe "Lester Burnham" should become "Barbara Woodhouse"

* nae offence *

Sadly Im not just ironing out a few kinks. I also try not to straighten it everyday and tend to usually tie it back for work (and only straighten the front as it falls forward). I also dont make it poker straight I think it looks lank and crap and more use mine as a styling tool to tuck the ends under and combat my god awful cows lick.

My best friend describes my natural hair very well, she names it, 40 year old dog trainer hair. Its not good and certainly isnt acceptable for work. Its fairy frizzy and rather curly. If I dont straighten it my other option is to give it 3 hours to dry in order for it to have an acceptable curl - basically means I can only wash it at night.

Edit: That post sounds terribly vain :( That's my poor excuse for being a straightner fiend though.

fair enough then. with limited knowledge on the subject, it sounds like you're pretty much all you can.

short of going to hairdresser and asking for a style that compliments your clurliscious hair.

That's actually part of the reason I'm wanting to keep the length. If I let it grow longer the weight combats the frizz and would allow me to get away with my natural locks more often :)